Help me with a workout routine?

Options
I'm doing C25K right now- T,Th&S. If I have to warm up my car before I leave/after running, I'll play around on the weight machines for 10 mins while the remote start is on. MWF and sometimes Sunday I'll do a half hour on the elliptical then maybe 10 mins of machines.

I know I need to do more than cardio but I don't really know the best way to go about it... please help me figure out a plan :)

Replies

• Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    bump :) if this is a common question could you please link me to similar threads?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to give you advice like this while knowing nothing about you. If you have a access to a gym (sounds like you do) hire a trainer for a session or two to help develop something you will enjoy and that will be effective. Best money you will ever spend.
  • Brianna716
    Options
    It's impossible to give you advice like this while knowing nothing about you. If you have a access to a gym (sounds like you do) hire a trainer for a session or two to help develop something you will enjoy and that will be effective. Best money you will ever spend.

I can't commit to appointments... I work full time and go to school part time, I have to be available to meet for group projects on campus at any time. I'm not a morning person at all, so before work isn't going to happen. Even though I manage to get to the gym 6x/week, I can't predict if I'll be there at 6 pm or at 11 pm.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The most common recommendations are New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROLFW), Stronglifts 5x5 and/or Starting Strength. Another good full-body workout that takes less than an hour to complete can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843
  • Brianna716
    Options
    Is there anything that starts on weight machines? I know my form on the machines, but not with free weights.

I'd like to learn proper technique/form so that eventually I can move over there, but that probably won't be until summer when I can meet with a trainer.