Plateau

Options
Hi all!

Sort of new to exercising and eating healthier, and even newer member of the forums here. I had a question for everyone. First, I'll start of by stating a couple of facts before my question.

I work 10-12 hours a day in an office (IT work.) I eat breakfast every morning, bring a lunch, have 1 snack, and eat dinner when I get home around 7pm. I wait usually an hour to an hour-and-a-half before exercising. I am doing the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution with my fiancée, and this will be starting the 3rd week. I am following their recommended workout schedule to a T, and I push myself every time (come out sweating bullets every single time.)

My meals have been mostly 1 of the following in each category:
Breakfast -
1 serving of Shredded Wheat Cereal with 1 serving of Skim Milk
1 serving of Kashi Go Lean Berry Crumble with 1 serving of Skim Milk
1 serving of Oatmeal with Skim-Milk
On occasion, a glass of OJ

Lunch -
Always a salad or some kind of homemade wrap. Sometimes with Chicken or Turkey. Always with organic baby spinach, baby arugula, and romaine lettuce. Sometimes mixed with lowfat shredded cheddar, salad mixers, Wish Bone Spritzer, or lately it's Paula Deans Honey Mustard dressing. I try to mix up the dressings for different flavors.

Snack -
Chobani Greek Yogurt. Sometimes mixed with Kashi berry crumble. Sometimes by itself. I can't do the Plain, so I usually do Strawberry Banana or Cherry.
Celery and Carrot sticks with a small bit of Hummus.
Tortilla chips with a bit of Black Bean and Corn salsa.

Dinner -
Always a serving of meat: Steak, Chicken, or Pork. Pan-seared or baked. If I add oil, it's almost always a tbsp of Olive.
Always a larger portion of veggies, usually steamed. Due to my current budget, it's been the steamable frozen packages.
Depending on another side, I might add cottage cheese, applesauce, or more veggies.

Each day, I have 6-8 glasses of water.

So far, I've lost 6lbs, and I'm down to 202.4 lbs according to my scale, first thing in the morning, just with a t-shirt and boxers on. I have noticed that the shape of my body, and notably my ab area is starting to thin out, and parts of my body are tightening up. But yet I still weigh the same.This is the same exact weight I had last Saturday on my weigh in.

Is it normal to plateau like this, or should I be doing something different.

Replies

• hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it a plateau since its only been a week. With me, my weight loss tends to come in all at once. Usually it takes me a week and 2-3 days and my weight won't move until then. Like I will be 270 for a week and 3 days, then 268. Then 268 for the next week and 3 days.. Repeat