Preacher Curl vs. Seated Curl vs. Standing Dumbell Curl

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Gotcha.

ETA: You forgot walls. Those are important too LOL.

I'm big on those "open floor plans" :bigsmile:
  • REDROBE_69
    Options
    I work all three.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. Somebody just came on the all power lifting Site that is mfp and asked for curling advice? He must be new here

john-madden-popcorn-popper_o_GIFSoupcom_zps5513cd3a.gif
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Uh oh. Somebody just came on the all power lifting Site that is mfp and asked for curling advice? He must be new here

Or she's just new to the knowledgeable side of lifting and was curious, and knew she could get a variety of answers to choose from, in one spot, rather than run all over Google to find that same variety. See...not THAT new here :wink:

I appreciate everyone's input. Yes, they are a vanity thing, for me, at least. I have noticed that the bicep seems to show the fastest and most noticeable results. I like feeling them and knowing they're there. It keeps me going. And I have a shallow side.

It also keeps me lifting for about five more minutes instead of plopping my *kitten* in front of the television. That's good, right? :)

Thanks again, everyone!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Meh, I just do barbell curls (not in the squat rack) and dumbbell hammer curls. I see little need for going all kinds of goofy with curls, given how much the biceps are used in various rows, pull ups, etc. Might just be me.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I've tried to work some vanity curls into my routine (who doesn't want bigger biceps) but unless I do them as a part of a complex, they're kind of boring.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I've tried to work some vanity curls into my routine (who doesn't want bigger biceps) but unless I do them as a part of a complex, they're kind of boring.

I like to superset barbell curls with bench press and hammer curls with DB skullcrushers. Definitely makes them more interesting...and exhausting.
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I like to superset barbell curls with bench press and hammer curls with DB skullcrushers. Definitely makes them more interesting...and exhausting.

I like the curls with the bench press - I think I'll try incorporating that into my volume work.