Fitness Magazines...........

Options
Do any of you subscribe to fitness magazines? If so, what's a good one?

Replies

• LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    We only get Runner's World, and LOVE it
  • llsncernoch93
    Options
    I've been getting the "Fitness" magazine. It's OK. Definitely targeted towards older teens and women. Each issue has a few success stories in it, some diagrams for exercises to do, cool fitness stuff to buy, and a few recipes.

You should check it out. My friend got me a free subscription which is the only reason I read it. it's enjoyable for me to read and look at all the pictures but it's not really what I'm interested in... I'm more into the heavy lifting, down-and-dirty side of fitness and I have yet to see anything about lifting heavy or bodybuilder-ish in the ones I've read.
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    Every once in a while I pick up a fitness magazine - but I don't have a favorite. I have read Fitness, Health and Shape. I like to read them because they give me good ideas and help me stay motivated.
  • fight_for_fit
    Options
    I have a subscription to Women's Health and I love it! Sometimes when I'm bored with my workout routines, I look in the new issues and they give me new workouts to try.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I get Prevention, don't remember subscribing to it, but I like it.

@llsncernoch93...what are you doing to that dog?
  • llsncernoch93
    Options
    Heh That's actually not my dog... Though I have done that to my dog! It was just a funny picture I had saved on my computer.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Muscle and Fitness Hers and Oxygen. I do get Shape, Fitness, Prevention and Women's Health but only cause they are free. The exercises, diets, recipes, etc., I keep and use are from M&F and Oxygen. I enjoy the other ones but Shape and Fitness are a little to fluff filled for me, just my opinion.
  • shellbatronic
    Options
    I'll read Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Experience Life. I looked at some other ones, but one of my rules is that I won't buy any magazines that says "Slim Down in 7 Days!" or "Get Thin Quick!" or something like that, or anything that promises "Better sex now!". I want tips on kettlebells, not kegels.