Frusterated & confused....

Options
:sad: I AM FRUSTRATED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have logged into this site for more then 50 days straight and not lost a single pound this time....
i amped up my workouts so thought i was retaining water from healing muscles and all that jazz, but after 2-3 weeks still nothing, in fact i had gained but didn't worry cuz i thought it was the muscles healing getting used to new workouts retaining the water/latic acid blah blah blah.

I am set to 1400 cals a day plus some to all of excercise cals, usually some to half.
mostly non processed foods, even my "junk" foods are home made oaty fruity (sometimes chocolatey) type things like home made granola bars etc...and i count every bite.

then i down spiraled for 2 weeks, one cuz work hours didn't permit my classes and then last week cuz i was REALLY SICK.

so eating was mostly good those 2 weeks except the weekends and a couple of eating out moments. but no exercise other then walking my dog.

this week i am back on track, health wise, eating wise, and work out wise, and still no budge and still up.
I don't mean 2-3 lbs of daily flux up. I mean the scale was 214 this morning (and the last few weeks) and not 209 where i had been steady since over xmas.....

what is up???

I am getting discouraged. i just want to be back at my 209 at the very least not going up!?

Help? Any ideas.... at 209 for a while i felt plateaued....but now I feel lost!

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    not sure... maybe try a healthy body cleanse. I have never tried one but I have read about people who have.
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    Consider your type of movement. If you just walk, try biking. Try something new. and people go through this all the time. It could be a lot of things but if you tend to be like me who has one bite of something and doesnt count it, that's a problem too! sugar and fat intake. etc. if it keeps like that, maybe you need to burn more? I burn about 700 a day though my goal is 500. And today I did over 1,500. Just from biking and walking while I read or do my work. :) Hopefully someone can suggest more! Water too. We're always pushing water around here because it works. before a meal, when I wake up, before I go to bed. and ALL throughout your day.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    some causes could be overestimating exersize calories burned and or underestimating what you are consuming. do you measure your food? do you use a HRM for exersize? something to think about.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Have you redone your goals in a while? I know of someone that had plateaued and when they updated their goal with their current weight, their daily calories dropped. When they started adhering to the new calorie amounts they started to lose weight again. They also made sure to eat their exercise calories and drank at least half their body weight in ounces each day.
  • nimiry
    nimiry Posts: 20
    Options
    I was looking at your diary... set your calories to 1200 and it will work... you are going over your 1400 calorie goal every once in a while... so your balance isn't at 1400 but at 1500... not counting your week-ends... you really should log in your food every day- even your week-ends... try to plan one day before... that's what I'm doing (when I have time). it's not the amount of days counting, that you keep below but the amount of calories that you give to your body over a longer time period. if you set yourself to 1200 you can tell yourself to eat a maximum of 200 above... then you should be losing weight cause you'd have a balance at 1300. I wish you luck!! Don't give up- you will reach your goal!

P.S. I had the same problems... have been here for more then 1 month and didn't lose weight... no I set my goal to 2 pounds a week... I am going over it almost every day... but I stop at 1200 ( there I was set) most of the time- it really works for me- I'm not a balanced eater.. I eat one day more and the next day less.. and I love to eat at the evening.. .now I at least always have calories left for my night snacking =)
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    yes i go over 1400 SOMETIMES because i am earning 500 PLUS (approx 700 most days) cals most days in excercise (excluding the last 2 weeks)

I eat SOME of my excercise cals up to half...incase i've over estimated but my numbers come from my HRM and whatever my HRM gives me I log that # - 100.

I don't just walk I spin 2-4 times a week, Zumba 2 times a week, and walk daily....
    I also started the 100pushups, 200 situps, 200 squat challenge thingys

I don't believe in cleanses -- too gimmike im not looking for a quick fix.

I do log weekends, except i had a bad two weeks being sick and all.

I think i got everyone's questions,,,
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    yes i go over 1400 SOMETIMES because i am earning 500 PLUS (approx 700 most days) cals most days in excercise (excluding the last 2 weeks)

I eat SOME of my excercise cals up to half...incase i've over estimated but my numbers come from my HRM and whatever my HRM gives me I log that # - 100.

I don't just walk I spin 2-4 times a week, Zumba 2 times a week, and walk daily....

This might sound silly but is it possible you are exercising too much? Also, I can't see your food diary so I am wondering what your sodium and fiber numbers look like. How much water are you drinking on average?
  • Magenta15
    Options

This might sound silly but is it possible you are exercising too much? Also, I can't see your food diary so I am wondering what your sodium and fiber numbers look like. How much water are you drinking on average?

i dont think i am excercising too much? but i have amped up from how much i was excercising,
    my average is 2 times spin, 2 times zumba, walks everyday ...
    the challenges are new im just starting so it's only a hand full of those things every other day.

i was monitoring sugar for along time and was fine....only over sometimes due to natural sugars...

now i am watching sodium which im almost always under...

carbs pretty average, and either good or over on fibre....

usually a bit under on protein

i try to get 6-8 + glasses of water in.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your thyroid checked?
  • Magenta15
    Options
    yes, this time last year :( (for thyroid etc)

and i forgot to answer, i do weigh/measure everything

like i said if i had gained during the last 2 weeks that would be explainable to me -- wasn't able to excercise other then walks with the dog, and my weekends weren't too good food wise though not outlandish.... around 200 cals. on fri/sat.

but the weigh gain occured before that, when i started adding spin to my workout regime and more other stuff...

i figured the excercise break and then getting back to normal this week would improve things, now it's not a full week so i will check in fri which is my reg WI day.... and give it til next week...

but it's discouraging none the less :(
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options

i dont think i am excercising too much? but i have amped up from how much i was excercising,
    my average is 2 times spin, 2 times zumba, walks everyday ...
    the challenges are new im just starting so it's only a hand full of those things every other day.

i was monitoring sugar for along time and was fine....only over sometimes due to natural sugars...

now i am watching sodium which im almost always under...

carbs pretty average, and either good or over on fibre....

usually a bit under on protein

i try to get 6-8 + glasses of water in.
    Is your fiber at the default setting? If so, it's pretty low. I would bump it up to try and get at least 25 grams every day.

Another suggestion - have you been tested for allergies? A friend of mine was in a similar situation in that she was doing everything right and not seeing the results you would expect. (Nutrition AND exercise.) She just found out she has some pretty severe allergies to things and since starting an elimination diet has lost 3 pounds in a week. It remains to be seen how it will play out long term but I would guess that whole issue was the stumbling block for weight loss. Might be something you could check into as well.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    hmmmm interesting,.... no i havent

i do have colitis tho, diagnosed since, hmmm 2 years now, but it didn't seem to be hindering my weight loss before....
    it's something i am doing.....but not sure what...

yes i am at MFP levels for fiber but usually go over , will go back and review that as well :)

thanks everyone for the suggestions, keep em coming. maybe somethng will strike a lightbulb in me lol

EDIT: just went a month back to be sure. rarely if ever, over on sodium...am often over on sugar up to about -8 but more often then not it's natural sugars from the berries in my breakfast and the banana or apple i have for my snack later in the day.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    keep the ideas coming please :)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    unexplained weight gain is a hormonal issue for more than 5 million women. i was checked and checked and checked again for thyroid issues when it turns out they needed to test my testosterone and estrogen levels but never did. you really should go see your doctor (take your food and exercise log with you). you will not be bothering them - they WANT to help you lose the excess pounds! at the very least, they can refer you to dietician who might see something that we can't.
    dawn
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I went from 209 to 215 overnight once and it scared the heck out of me.

I wonder if you need to eat more of your excercise calories.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Last time I was losing weight I was doing really good and then suddenly gained 2 pounds and stopped losing. I was doing water aerobics for 2 hours, working on the weights for 1 hour and then going for a 10 mile bike ride later. So instead of weighing I measured and was shocked at the lost inches. For me I think the muscles just weighted more the the fat. Yup, flabs of steel. After a couple weeks it started down again. Now to get back to that exercise level.