Dinner Ideas

Options
Anyone have any good dinner ideas? I feel like something different than usual baked chicken, pork chops ect....

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Baked Salmon, yummmmmm
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have a rotisserie and I love using it for chicken, turkey, pork chops, roasts, etc. Set it, forget it, and throw it in the dishwasher when you're done. Luuuuuuuvvvvvv it.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    What do you want? Chicken? Pork? Pasta? Steak? Or what do you have?
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything yet, I am going to the store after work
  • jweisshoff
    jweisshoff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I made this last week and the family liked it-Aunt Liz's Chicken Spaghetti Casserole

This chicken spaghetti casserole is low in calories and can easily be made ahead. The recipe makes two casseroles so enjoy one for dinner and freeze the other for later. To prepare the frozen casserole, cover and bake for 55 minutes at 350°; uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

2 casseroles, 4 servings each (serving size: about 1 cup)

2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
    2 cups uncooked spaghetti noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces (about 7 ounces)
    1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices celery
    1 cup chopped red bell pepper
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed 30% reduced-sodium 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
    Cooking spray
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1. Preheat oven to 350°.

2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine broth, salt, pepper, and soup in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add soup mixture to chicken mixture; toss. Divide mixture evenly between 2 (8-inch) square or (2-quart) baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over each casserole. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.

CALORIES 261 (27% from fat); FAT 7.8g (sat 3.9g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.1g); IRON 1.8mg; CHOLESTEROL 47mg; CALCIUM 134mg; CARBOHYDRATE 28g; SODIUM 652mg; PROTEIN 19g; FIBER 2.1g
  • jweisshoff
    Options
    Skinny Chicken Parmigiana 7pts

Prep Time: 15 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (1 pound total)
    ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
    ½ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    Fresh ground pepper
    1 egg white
    1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
    2 cups from a jarred spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
    1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
    ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Instructions

1. Rinse the chicken breasts under cold running water and pat dry. Pound chicken breasts to flatten.

2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.

3. In another small bowl add the egg white.

4. In a large nonstick pan, melt the butter. Right next to the cook top, dip each chicken breast in egg and then into bread crumbs to coat. Repeat with all chicken breasts and add to hot pan. Fry chicken on each side, over medium heat, about 5-6 minutes, until chicken is done and no longer pink inside. Remove chicken to a plate.

6. In the same pan add the spaghetti sauce and heat thoroughly. Add back to pan the cooked chicken and cover with sauce. Top each piece with ¼ cup shredded cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, cover and cook until cheese is melted.

7. Using a spatula, remove each piece to a dinner plate.

Makes 4 servings (each serving 1 chicken breast and about ½ cup sauce)

SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving (each serving 1 chicken breast and about ½ cup sauce)
    280 calories, 7.8g fat, 36g protein, 18g carbs, 2g fiber, 827mg sodium, 6g sugar
  • jweisshoff
    Options
    Salisbury Steak

1 lb extra lean ground beef
    1 can FF cream of mushroom
    1 (15 oz) can Beef broth
    1 pkt of onion soup mix

Mix ground beef, onion soup mix and ½ cup of beef broth together. Mix well, it will be a little slushy. Form into 4 patties and cook over medium heat until brown on both sides and almost done. Meanwhile, mix together the remaining beef broth and cream of mushroom soup. Pour over the patties, cover pan and simmer until done
  • jweisshoff
    Options
    Mexican Baked Spaghetti

1 Lb. 96% Lean Ground Beef
    One Packet Taco Seasoning
    1 (15 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
    1 (16 oz.) Can Fat Free Refried Beans
    1 (15 oz.) Can Delmonte Zesty Chili Style Tomatoes
    1 (15 oz.) Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
    1 (4 oz.) Can Diced Green Chilies, drained
    2 Tablespoons Splenda Granular
    1 Cup Salsa (mild, medium or hot)
    1 (1 lb.) Box Barilla Plus Whole Grain Spaghetti

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pot, brown the ground beef. Once the meat is browned, add the remaining ingredients in the order listed (except the spaghetti). Stir to combine and cook until hot. Set aside. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions, drain. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 1 cup of sauce into the pan and coat the bottom evenly. Place half of the spaghetti in the pan and distribute evenly. Place 4 cups of sauce over the spaghetti and spread evenly. Add the remaining spaghetti and top with the remaining 4 cups of sauce. Bake uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot throughout.

Serves: 12
    Per Serving: 269 Calories; 3g Fat (10.8% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 22mg Cholesterol; 883mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    im making cauliflower crust pizza with mozzarella, pepperoni, and onion! yummmm!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    http://www.cookstr.com/recipes/moroccan-roasted-vegetable-stew

Moroccan vegetable stew! You can add meat to this if you want, but it's quite good as-is. I'd suggest shredded beef or chicken, spiced with cumin and maybe some paprika. Makes 6 servings; serve over quinoa and it works out to 431 calories per serving. 209 cals/serving without the quinoa - it needs some kind of grain to go with it if it's going to be an entree, otherwise it's a good side dish. Served as a side, probably safe to assume it makes 12 servings, at 104 calories per serving.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    im making cauliflower crust pizza with mozzarella, pepperoni, and onion! yummmm!

THIS. i also recommend it! i have it every night its so amazing. however to bump up my protein count and lower calories i substitute the pepperoni for turkey breast strips. yummm
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    turkey sausage, small red potatoes cut into tiny chunks, brocolli and carrots. Mix it all up in some olive oil and italian seasoning (or cajun seasoning or lemon pepper, garlic, and paprika) and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or so. Put it all on some aluminum foil and no dishes to wash. woot woot! But make sure the potatoes are cut really small or they won't cook fast enough.

Brown rice cooked in beef broth and taco seasoning instead of water, then add beans, tomatoes, corn, black olives, salsa, cheese, plain greek yogurt (in place of sour cream)... whatever you like.

Spaghetti squash with turkey spaghetti (cook the spaghetti squash in a crock pot and it is so much easier to work with)

Whole wheat pasta with a laughing cow alfredo sauce

chicken fajita salad

gyros on whole wheat pita, but instead of the complicated lamb meat, just use roast beef sandwich meat

Tomato soup, chicken broth, whole wheat tortellini, spinach, mushrooms - all into a soup

Vegetable minestrone

No-bun hamburger - put some BBQ sauce and steak seasoning on it and you won't miss the bun. Add a sweet potato and some other veggie as the side and you'll still be under 400 calories.

Oven fried Chicken strips or fish rolled in whole wheat bread crumbs and lemon pepper and baked in the oven at 400 on an olive oiled pan. This is also good for oven fried okra (minus the bread crumbs)

I believe you can make any food healthy with a few substitutions. :)
  • strickland8052
    Options
    I
  • strickland8052
    Options

I made this two nights ago and the crust was kind of soggy and wouldn't stay together... What is the trick? I'm thinking I didn't put enough egg in it? I used one head of fresh cauliflower and 1 egg?
  • jiffer1975
    jiffer1975 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just discovered skinnytaste.com. Can't wait to try some of their recipes.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump