What does everyone allow in terms of "cheating"?

Options
Every Saturday and Holiday I don't obsess over what I eat. I don't count calories and if I want a treat I have it. This is all within reason of course. I don't go binging once a week, but I don't log in here and don't think about calories as much although still try to make the healthier choices. I feel that this keeps me from failing and falling back and still have always been able to lose weight this way, so why not?

I was wondering what other people do to stay motivated but also stay happy and don't feel completely deprived?

Replies

• momsypoo
    momsypoo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" that being said I eat what ever I want but I am also accountable for it. I record everything.

I don't cheat because I do not consider this a "diet" for me it's a life change. before I eat it I think to myself "do I really want this?" then decide if it's worth it... It's about making the right choice.

I don't limit myself (or keep myself away) from things, if I did I would just end up obsessing about it until I explode and end up eating way to much of it and making it worse...
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" that being said I eat what ever I want but I am also accountable for it. I record everything.

I don't cheat because I do not consider this a "diet" for me it's a life change. before I eat it I think to myself "do I really want this?" then decide if it's worth it... It's about making the right choice.

I don't limit myself (or keep myself away) from things, if I did I would just end up obsessing about it until I explode and end up eating way to much of it and making it worse...

This is a great reply and thought process for me to incorporate as well.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have an open relationship with food. :wink:
    Generally, I to stick somewhat closely to my macro and calorie goals. I try to eat more whole foods and less processed foods. But I indulge occasionally on "junk".
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

^^^^ Me too! :)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

This is how I handle the whole process. Its hard to cheat if you don't forbid yourself anything. Just be accountable.
  • MBNagel74
    MBNagel74 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

^^This...

it is a lifestyle change. If I want it, I'm accountable for it. When I know I'm going out for a night with friends, I plan for it.
  • jonswife0206
    jonswife0206 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't cheat. I record everything, even the cringe worthy stuff. I plan ahead for events to keep on track. If I know I will be eating a larger calorie meal one night, I make sure that my calories in the day are lighter but healthy and filling. I don't get too hard on myself if I want pizza once or twice a month or half a dessert on date night. However, for how long it takes to burn those calories up, I always stay accountable. It's just not worth it for me to binge or go hog wild when I worked so hard to get where I am now. :smile: