I have manage to loss an entire person. To God be the Glory

Options
Hello my name is Earnest and I am ashamed to admit that almost weighed 500 pounds. I had really let myself go and was at a rock bottom moment in my life. At my highest weight almost 4 years ago I weighed 472 pounds. I was so disgusted with myself I knew I had to do something. I initially consider the weight loss surgery and started going through the pre-op procedures, but I was just too afraid of the risk and possible complications. I got down on my knees and cried out to God to help me and I made a promise to God that if he gave me another chance I was going to get this weight off of me. This didn’t happen overnight but I started confessing that I will become a health 250 pound man in Jesus name. I am not there yet but I am proud to say that I now weigh 279 pounds. Prayer works, you may not get the answer immediately but if you apply yourself, stay focus and stay prayerful God will give you the desires of your heart. I have been a Member of MFP for just one year and I have managed to lose 118 pounds just following this program and putting in the work. Faith without works is dead. Write the vision and make it plain. If I can do this so can you. To God Be the Glory!!

Replies

• Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi. Well done! :-)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to honor Him who has delivered you from gluttony and sloth. Thru His Grace I have dropped 127 in the past seven months and gone from 425 to 298! He is great and He is mighty to save!
  • aslteacher5
    aslteacher5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So true! Thank you...you are an inspiration! Phil 1:6
  • DebbieM09
    DebbieM09 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!!! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job...You are an inspiration....
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That's incredible!
    congratulations on your incredible accomplishment!
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    This hit home. Thank you!!! You have inspired me:smile:
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    Please don't be ashamed BE PROUD of your achievement you are amazing :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • maoliver1024
    maoliver1024 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    To God be the glory.... Great work, stay prayed and fast up and you can do anything you put your mind to.
  • AshleyHill19
    Options
    Amen!!!! Praying for you and the rest of your journey! The Lord will make a way for you, and you will overcome :wink:
  • k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job, an excellent witness. God bless.

As believers, our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit.

Why do we treat it as an amusement park?
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up, you are doing amazing!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Amen my brother! God is good. With him in our corner, we can accomplish so much. You speak the truth. Heaven certainly helps those who help themselves.
  • pamsue72
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your testimony and giving God the glory!
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Amen to that! Congrats on your loss!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done amazing,God is good.thanks for sharing.
  • FaithInAes
    FaithInAes Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You must be so proud!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational, Earnest, thanks for sharing your story!
  • Chris5138
    Options
    SO AWESOME to see other MFPer's give all the Glory to God. For without him and his Grace I would not be here today on this journey. God does for me what I cannot do for myself!!! Add me friends. God Bless us all on our journeys.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!