Bread.......!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't eat bread or any other grains these days. Sure, a lot of people can eat bread and grains and lose weight, providing they watch the calories and their macros, etc. and they don't have any sort of sensitivity or intolerance.

I'm not one of those people, unfortunately! Besides the digestive problems I was having from the grains I was eating, I found I needed to cut out any sort of refined sugar/refined carb to eliminate the blood sugar spikes that lead to cravings and hunger pangs. I also found out that I could reduce internal inflammation, which was key in dealing with certain health issues that I had. Yes, HAD! I'm much healthier these days thanks to overhauling my diet.
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ezekial bread is organic, sprouted whole grain bread that has 3g fiber and 4g protein per slice (80 calories). White bread is useless, but you can get nutrition, even protein from sprouted whole grain bread. That is why "carbs" is such a generality. Whole grains contain protein and a little bit of natural healthy fat. I like my bread toasted with a little bit of fruit-sweetened organic jam and/or organic unsweetened peanut butter. This kind of bread is also more filling so you can eat less of it.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Since I'm an older female, my daily calorie limit is small, and I found that bread took up too many calories for me. I've been on many diets before and never eliminated bread until this time. I've lost 40 lbs since last February (although only with MFP since November, thus show only a 10 lb loss). With rare exceptions I don't eat bread, crackers, or rolls. But I do occasionally dream about bread! I do love it...
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    <
    Eats bread with butter at least 4 days a week! Love my sourdough toast with my eggs for breakfast!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Um, I love bread. A diet without bread is not sustainable or even worth attempting for me.

Since I'm watching calories, I tend to make more half sandwiches and I also really enjoy those Orowheat whole wheat sandwich thins.
  • MerlinWilliams
    MerlinWilliams Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We're grain free.

We do eat some baked goods we make at home with almond meal, chickpea flour and ground flaxseed.

There are no plans to go back to wheat, or any other grains.
  • groke101
    Options
    I eat bread almost every day too, sure it's calorie heavy but you have to have a bit of what you fancy or you won't stick to your diet. I've still lost 47lbs and don't feel like I have been in denial at all. Just don't cheat!
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have a slice or two of bread most days. I bake my own, use mostly whole wheat flour, and add different nuts and seeds as I like. I know exactly what's in it and enjoy every bite.