Fruit and sugar

Hi all,

Just joined, have a feeling this is going to be the best dollar I've ever spent.

I have a question about fruit and sugar. I like to have a smoothie in the morning, generally including a banana and some other fruit. By the time you count the sugar in 2 pieces of fruit, and the sugar in the milk (it obviously counts fructose and lactose as sugars), I am already 10g over my sugar allowance for the day.

Do you guys generally ignore this, surely eliminating fruit from your diet is bad for general nutrition?

Thanks

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Hi all,

Just joined, have a feeling this is going to be the best dollar I've ever spent.

I have a question about fruit and sugar. I like to have a smoothie in the morning, generally including a banana and some other fruit. By the time you count the sugar in 2 pieces of fruit, and the sugar in the milk (it obviously counts fructose and lactose as sugars), I am already 10g over my sugar allowance for the day.

Do you guys generally ignore this, surely eliminating fruit from your diet is bad for general nutrition?

Thanks

Doesn't really matter if you don't have some specific medial reason to limit sugars, or you are eating so much that it is hindering your ability to get in adequate protein and fats

You paid a dollar for a membership here? Is this a new thing?
  • Amy967
    Amy967 Posts: 20
    yup, having the same problem...I love apples so much, it's an addiction... today I realised that my sugar levels are pretty high, and I'll gradually try to decrease them. I don't think that the recommended daily amount is realistic, because foods are filled with sugar. If we were to throw out sugar, we wouldn't be eating bread, fruit and other essential stuff. I raised my bar to 80 g, and the challenge starts tomorrow for me hehe. I would recommend the same for you. Good luck! :)
  • Colossus882
    Colossus882 Posts: 22 Member
    Sorry, thought I paid a dollar for the app, but my mistake, that was a pedometer app.

All good