Pizza Recipes?

Options
TeenTwinkleToes
TeenTwinkleToes Posts: 119 Member
I've been craving pizza, and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for low calorie homemade pizza...with dough xD yummy!

Replies

• TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    I know I want cheese of course....and some form of meat??? Spinach and mushrooms....

What would you do for dough? What kind of meat would be best? Turkey Sausage?? What about cheese...since most times mozzarella is the best.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The only pizza recipe I've tried is this:

Preheat oven to 350F
    Buy some whole wheat pitas, spread with 1/4 cup sauce, 1/2 cup mozz. cheese, some sliced onions and green peppers and whatever other toppings you want. Then bake for 15ish minutes, until all the cheese is melted and starting to brown a bit.
  • Jenner9169
    Jenner9169 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    I heard about using pitta....I never would have thought of it!! Thank you!!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    oh yeah and I've made this "Pizzadilla" too. Soooo good.

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.com/2011/08/pizzadillas-922-recipe-154-each.html
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly what you were looking for but I made these for my husband and he LOVED them. Highly recommend it !

http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/stuffed-pepperoni-pizza-melt-low-in-calories-big-on-taste/
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    Perfect thank you!! Roasting veggies first sounds good!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I always make homemade pizza with delicious homemade dough. The real stuff. And just eat extra well the day before and after.
    My kids like pizza on tortilla shells. I guess you could use those low carb tortillas to make pizza.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    We did pizza-dillas yesterday. I've also done pizza in a portabello mushroom too.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    Wow that does sound interesting!! but looks oh so good!! I think I'm gonna try this!!! Thank you!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I use those low carb tortillas (La Tortilla Factory) and bake the tortilla alone for 3 minutes @ 350. Then take it out and put on the (ragu homemade style pizza quick) sauce, cheese, and toppings (pepperoni for me) and then bake for another 5-7 minutes.

With the amount of cheese/sauce I use it's 420 calories for the whole thing.
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I think I'm making pizza tonight.

Strangelyinsa ---> have you ever tried fake-mashed potatoes? Using cauliflower!! That's really good!!
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    I use those low carb tortillas (La Tortilla Factory) and bake the tortilla alone for 3 minutes @ 350. Then take it out and put on the (ragu homemade style pizza quick) sauce, cheese, and toppings (pepperoni for me) and then bake for another 5-7 minutes.

With the amount of cheese/sauce I use it's 420 calories for the whole thing.

Haha that's probably mines too I loooooove cheese <3
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    Id go the flat bread route :p ... Its the topping that I like best anyway... In fact.. .screw the bread. Just make the tomato sauce and topping xD
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    >.< I think that's why I could eat a bowl of spaghetti sauce all by itself....I don't need the pasta just a bowl of meat sauce sprinkled with cheese....yummy! xD I think that has a lot to do with my weight -coughcough-
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I recently made a "pizza" of sorts....no dough though! I used a portabella cap (sprayed with olive oil first) and filled it with toppings. Turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, onion, jalapeno, and fat free mozzarella. Then baked it at 350 for 15 minutes...yummmmy!
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    While it depends on what you consider low cal but here is my recipe.
    3 cups unbleached flour
    1 Cup of water
    1 package yeast
    1T olive oil
    mix and kneed well let rise until double pat out very thin in one or 2 baking sheets let rest and rise for about 30 minutes

top with tomato sauce that I have added oregano to. I use Hunts, add seasonings to your taste

top with 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
    and 1 ounce of Parmesan cheese

2- 1/8's pieces = around 560 calories depending on the cheese you use. I cut the pizza into 8 slices
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    I recently made a "pizza" of sorts....no dough though! I used a portabella cap (sprayed with olive oil first) and filled it with toppings. Turkey pepperoni, turkey sausage, onion, jalapeno, and fat free mozzarella. Then baked it at 350 for 15 minutes...yummmmy!
    Does the mushroom make up for the bread? haha I love mushrooms but I love my carbs too!
  • TeenTwinkleToes
    Options
    While it depends on what you consider low cal but here is my recipe.
    3 cups unbleached flour
    1 Cup of water
    1 package yeast
    1T olive oil
    mix and kneed well let rise until double pat out very thin in one or 2 baking sheets let rest and rise for about 30 minutes

top with tomato sauce that I have added oregano to. I use Hunts, add seasonings to your taste

top with 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese
    and 1 ounce of Parmesan cheese

2- 1/8's pieces = around 560 calories depending on the cheese you use. I cut the pizza into 8 slices

Great! That's not too bad!! I can use this recipe on a real splurge kind of day when I want more than two slices haha