Spike days

Hi I'm fairly new to this can someone explain what a spike day is and why it is done?

Replies

• Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    Spike days are used to speed up your metabolism. I'm following the spike diet, 6 days a week I alternate between 1388 calories and 1888(high days and low days), on saturday I have my spike day which I have to double my bmr (1888) and am supposed to eat around 3700 calories.I'm just starting and finding it a bit hard to get that high but so far it's worked great! I lost 3.2lbs last week, after a month long plateau.
    You can say it tricks your metabolism so it never gets used to a low calorie intake and doesn't slow down.
  • It's a day when you stay home and watch a bunch of Spike Lee joints :D

Jay Kay
    They are basically a planned cheat day where calories are drastically increased with the theory that it stimulates metabolism
  • Well I'm basically plateaued but its because I'm not exercising at all for the last few days I've got a cold. But thanks does it really work though? Anybody else try it and it's working?
  • Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    The author of ''The Spike Diet'' book is on MFP Russellb97. You can also join the spike 84 group if you need to find more information.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/33-spike-84