looking for other friends who work in the medical field

Options
Just want to connect with folks who have some medical professional backrounds that don't do crazy fad diets. I'm a nurse, just started on mfp a couple of weeks ago and I need friends.

Replies

• kaylinn9
    kaylinn9 Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi, I'm 18 and I'm really aspiring to pursue medicine as a lifelong career! I look up to anybody and anyone that has also chosen this path. :) Even though I'm still a student, can I add you?
  • funpilot56
    Options
    Hello. Certified Athletic Trainer and Wellness Coach. good that you don't want to deal with all the fad "diets" . Be careful on what you read on some of these threads. Feel free to friend me.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I'm steve. I'm a Physiotherapist from the UK

Give me an add if you need any advice
  • butterpecan1987
    Options
    I'm a medical student, but I will have my MD in May 2013 (few short months away). Feel free to add me.
  • RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm a Certified Pharmacy Technician. I hate all the "fad diets" and "weight loss supplements". Espeically all the crap that Dr. Oz talks about. I have people coming into our pharmacy every day looking for Raspberry Ketones, Acai, Green Coffee Bean, etc. Gets so annoying! Please feel free to friend me!!!
  • littlebre33
    Options
    Hi, I'm a nurse from Canada.. feel free to add me
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a Clinical Laboratory Scientist and manage the lab in a small rural hospital/clinic/nursing home. Add me!

I've found some of the worst "suckers" for gimicky diets have been friends in the medical field. You'd think we'd know better? Maybe?
  • aleiva522
    Options
    one more year to become a dentist....new on mfp as well :)
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am a nurse, work in an ICU
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    RN,CMSRN here add me
  • sarahbakerkipper
    Options
    Hello There! I am currently attending Nursing School. I'm in my 3rd week. I can already tell it's gonna be a fun 2 years. Just joined MFP today. I figured if I'm going to be taking care of people, I need to take care of myself also! Excited to get this journey going.
  • adorablechaos
    adorablechaos Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    CT tech here..I work at a Level 1 trauma center and Urgent Cares..
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a pharmacist working in a hospital. Feel free to add me.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I'm an RN -- do research studies for Cystic Fibrosis.
  • dmonfort
    dmonfort Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Clinical Tech as of right now, I applied to an RN program for August, finger crossed that I get in! :)
    I currently work in the EP lab dealing with pacemakers and such.
    I am also new to mfp as far as the forums and groups go. Feel free to add me :)
  • allew48
    allew48 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Physical therapist here! Looking to practice what I preach!! haha!
  • workinprogress007
    workinprogress007 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm an L&D nurse in CT, feel free to add me.
  • kanuckkim74
    Options
    LPN from Canada that works in long term care, works all crazy shifts just trying to stay fit and healthy around work and kids :)
  • snowcoon
    Options
    I'm a doctor in the UK. Feel free to add me :)
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I'm a medical research scientist. I hope that I don't fall for gimmicks. Feel free to add me :happy: