motivation

Options
Has anyone ever felt discourage or stagnant while trying to lose some lbs.??? Lately I've been feeling impatient of reaching my weight goal. Any advice? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• smitty24
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in a day....

Keep at it :)

Failing to plan is planning to fail, so plan ahead, watch your intake and exercise/workout as planned.

Set some short term goals, medium term goals and a long term goal. Try something new, you'll find the motivation.

If you're reaching those realistic short term goals, you'll be making progress.
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Try hard to see the big picture, focus on small changes through your day that still work towards your goals.

I try hard to involve other people with health and fitness talk etc and it helps when I am lacking in motivation. For example, I will make sure I say to one of the guys at work in the evening 'what training are you doing tonight?'..then I will tell them, and we will ask each other in the morning about it. Makes me more accountable I guess.

Hope you're feeling more positive/motivated soon.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Keep it up Tara. You'll get where you want to be sooner rather than later. Think of it as a journey not a destination.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Come up with some non-scale-victories. Inches lost, a size to reach, a goal for number of miles to run or walk in a month, a race to work toward, a number of pushups to do. Something to aim for aside from that dang number on the scale. There's more to fitness than that number!!