Best Gym Shoes

Options
What shoes have you found are the best for your work out?
What is your workout?

I've used Nike Shox and Nike Pegasus.
The Pegasus' are the only pair that haven't given me shin splints from using the treadmill.

What works for you?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, original Chuck Taylor high tops.
  • _CrepeSuzette_
    _CrepeSuzette_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I think that nike shox are not good for the treadmill, too much stress on the back (due to the springs) while you're running.
    I recently bought a pair of shoes and the salesman suggested me to buy a pair of running shoes, because they are the best kind for working out.
    I bought Adidas Performance Duramo: http://www.zalando.it/adidas-performance-duramo-4-scarpa-running-argento-ad541a04e-002.html?gclid=CKWhkub1nbUCFUON3god9iAA4Q&wmc=SEM39_1879005
    I feel very comfortable with them, plus i paid only 35€ :D
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I do mostly walking/jogging and I am in love with Vibrams KMD LS.
  • DesertFox15
    DesertFox15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would go to a local running store and make sure you get a pair a shoes that 1. Fit and 2. Can correct any pronation issues you might have. Fitting is important, because too much friction can lead to painful blisters after you start increasing your mileage. For a cheaper option, try any athletic shoe but get an Archmolds insole- it molds to your foot and it feels like you're running on a cloud. I hope this helps!!
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    low profile New Balance.
    But I have to use something stiffer to do planks because I can't bend my toes.
  • d28isenthal
    Options
    I walk, some on the treadmill and some outside, and have participated in a number of 5ks and 3 half marathons. I absolutely LOVE my Brooks Glycerin (and have also had Brooks Ghost in the past - and loved those too). You can go to www.brooksrunning.com and at the top, select Shoe Advisor, and it will walk you through a few steps to help determine the best Brooks shoe for you. I will be in the market for getting a new pair within a few weeks. GOOD LUCK!!