What's for dinner?

Options
Anyone have anything good, healthy, and simple for dinner?

We had grilled chicken with taco seasoning and re-fried beans (about 215 calories)

Replies

• trishtrish1
    trishtrish1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Salad with a chicken breast, croutons, and some olive oil/vinegar dressing. Yum!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I mixed up a container of tomato and balsamic soup, can of black beans, baked chicken breast pieces, spinach, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes and served with further vegetables. It turned out quite well. I just wanted something speedy and nutritious.
  • Lookingforfitat40
    Options
    Venison gyro and sweet potato fries.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    mhm, everyone's meals sounds delish!

I started off with a salad (romaine) with some avocado chunks in there. Then some chicken breasts baked in the oven in a tomato juice sauce, with some cauliflower rice. 246 cals for it all :)
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Ham & Beans with 1/2 slice of cornbread and a cheesestick.
  • jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    so far ive come up with baked garlic rosemary chicken breast, some steamed broccoli, and still trying the think of another side to go along with it.
  • jeanine182
    jeanine182 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I had whole wheat pasta, prego pasta sauce (this new bacon flavored one) and some ground turkey. Also garlic bread (New York Garlic knots). I have to say it was very filling. It's one of the best things I've had in awhile . 640 calories total
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Having homemade chicken vegetable soup. Made the chicken and bone broth in the crock pot over the weekend, simmered the vegetables in the broth tonight. (potatoes, celery, carrots, cauliflower. kale)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Venison gyro and sweet potato fries.
    That sounds awesome!

We're having broiled tilapia (recipe here: http://trickschefs.net/showthread.php?tid=761 - I use 1/2 mayo & 1/2 greek yogurt in the mix), brown rice pilaf, baked acorn squash and green beans.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    a box of kraft dinner mixed into a can of condensed cream of broccoli soup with 2 tablespoons of milk.
  • kimberlyshian
    Options
    I mixed up a container of tomato and balsamic soup, can of black beans, baked chicken breast pieces, spinach, sweet corn and cherry tomatoes and served with further vegetables. It turned out quite well. I just wanted something speedy and nutritious.

Hmmmm....that sounds good!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    mhm, everyone's meals sounds delish!

I started off with a salad (romaine) with some avocado chunks in there. Then some chicken breasts baked in the oven in a tomato juice sauce, with some cauliflower rice. 246 cals for it all :)

Must have been very small amounts of chicken and avocado considering chicken breast is over 100 calories per 100g and avocado even more. I think I would be hungry lol.
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Baked salmon, couscous, and veggies.
  • s_west
    s_west Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast on black beans and salsa covered in light cheddar cheese, with a bit of avocado on the side. 445 cal total.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    just finished some home beef stew i made for the wife and i. the recipe book said it was 175 cals. very filling.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bacon-wrapped chicken breasts are baking in the oven now.

Paired with my own recipe for mushroom gravy.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Probably a Met-RX bar. Fits almost perfectly into what I have left for the day.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Chicken mince nachos.
  • chl823
    chl823 Posts: 48
    Options
    Spring salad with lots of veggies and homemade steak fajita.
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    crockpot ground turkey spaghetti sauce over broccoli slaw!