Low sugar, low carb snacks....... ideas anyone?

Options
Hiya,

I need some ideas for low carb low sugar snacks that i can have when i have excess calories to eat but im usually over in the sugar department and sometime the carbs. Ideas would be much appreciated :)

Replies

• michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Carrots with hummus or salsa. I also love to eat raw snow peas as they are pretty sweet on their own.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts, string cheese, hardboiled egg, chopped veggies.
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    Hiya,

I need some ideas for low carb low sugar snacks that i can have when i have excess calories to eat but im usually over in the sugar department and sometime the carbs. Ideas would be much appreciated :)

I am the same way and have the same question. I have been eating nuts and vegetables. It's getting a little frustrating trying to balance all this out, but I'm going to hang in there.
  • cheerchicksie
    cheerchicksie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    try this recipe!!! :)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/15/chocolate-bar-pie/

Edit: You can sub 4 100% baker-chocolate squares (8 servings) for the chocolate chips/bars, for entirely sugar free (1g whole recipe). but it may not taste as sweet...so you may want to add just a little stevia.
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    Cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts, string cheese, hardboiled egg, chopped veggies.

I am trying to make myself like cottage cheese and greek yogurt. I don't see it happening no time soon. lol I eat the other items. It gets kinda boring though.
  • KathrynCatlady
    KathrynCatlady Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I like cheese, turkey rolls ups, heavy cream/cocoa powder/truvia shakes, veggies with full-fat dressing.

Can always use new ideas as well!
  • jontay81
    jontay81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    beef jerky. meat of any kind, really.
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    Macademia nuts rolled in a square of melted dark chocolate. (All nuts.)

Meat, yup.

Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk with Protein Powder. (I use Jay Robb Whey Isolate, 1 carb)

Spinach with oil & vin dressing, a tablespoon of crumbled bacon.

Hardboiled eggs.

Avocado with salt and pepper, or oil & vin dressing.

Hope that helps!
  • mari0605
    mari0605 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1/2 Flat Out bread, spead 1 laughing cow cheese wedge, add turkey deli meat, roll up and enjoy!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Chicken Breast
  • kitoi
    kitoi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Search the google for Oopsie rolls