Hello There!

Options
Hello fellow Fitness Pals! This is my second day using this wonderful site/app so I'm still kind of exploring and figuring things out. So far, I am absolutely in LOVE with this thing, and I have no idea why I haven't tried it until now.

I've been struggling with my weight for a few years now. Back in 2010 I was admitted to the hospital for several days due to stress and a hormonal imbalance. When I was released I was then placed on bed rest for three weeks. I completely BALLOONED up, WAY past my healthy BMI. It was no one's fault but my own. I would have gained weight regardless, but I could have chosen to eat better during my down time.

Needless to say, ever since then I have been struggling to get back to where I need to be. I try to maintain an active lifestyle and eat right, but some times it just gets so hard. Especially when you're trying to do it on your own, and you don't have the necessary guidence to do it right. I finally got back down to ALMOST where I needed to be last winter, but I was starting to feel a bit off. No energy, nauseated, light headed, stuff like that. Those symptoms sent me to the doctor where I found out that I was pregnant. Yep, that goal was so close and it went completely out the window!

I gained a healthy thirty five pounds while pregnant and delivered a healthy baby girl in September. I was lucky enough to have all of the pregnancy weight fall right off with in the first six weeks after delivery, and that's when everything caught up with me. I got lazy and started slowly packing on the pounds again un benounced to me. A few weeks ago I was putting on a coat I had purchased when my daughter was nine weeks old. I went to zip up the zipper and to my dismay I couldn't even get it latched anymore! It was a complete shock to me that I had not only stopped losing weight, but that I had gained almost twenty pounds!!

I sat around moping about it for a few days and then I decided that enough was enough. The weight wasn't going to come off with me sitting around doing nothing. So, I downloaded the MFP app to my phone and fell instantly in love with it. I was having some trouble syncing some of my data which lead me to the website, and the rest is history!

I'm doing really well in these first few days, hopefully the excitement and momentum continue as I make my way to a more healthy body, and say good bye to all of my jiggly bits!

I'm here to network! Please feel free to send me a friend request. We're all in this together! :)