eating most fo your calories early in the day

Options
2»

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I let my stomach guide me. If I'm hungry in the morning, I eat a good breakfast. If I'm not hungry, I find that eating breakfast is a mistake, because it means I will be hungry later in the day, but won't have calories to spare.
  • asta1227
    asta1227 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't even fathom how people don't eat breakfast. I'm cranky as a bear if I don't get breakfast in before work!

Ditto ditto ditto. I heart breakfast. I hate the days that I'm late and can't eat something. Puts me all out of sorts.

Doesn't the saying go, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper?"

I try to apply that to my eating habits.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I work 7PM to 7AM three times a week, different days each week. Eating "early" in the day would be hard. I changed my diary to 6 hour blocks, rather than keep the traditional meal names because while at work, I eat around 1-2 AM if it's not too busy. I'll eat a meal before I go to work, then that weirdly timed meal at work, plus some quick snacks, depending on how busy it is. I get home just before 8 and usually have something light before crashing into bed at 9. I keep the food diary at the traditional 24 hour span. So far this is the easiest way I can see to do it. Or win the lottery, get to stay home and have a chef make me healthy food at normal hours . :drinker:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked my body did not have a clock, I work swing shift and eat at different hours every day. I have done ok. so No not buying the little study, they are always set up to get the results someone wanted.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I know... I know. It's a huge controversy here, but it's an interesting finding. I guess my point is that, with all the truly weird things that people try (cabbage soup, tapeworms?!) why wouldn't you try something as simple as eating breakfast?

Yes, its common sense, really.
    Thank you for sharing!
  • lorih307
    Options
    I think the time of day probably matters more as you get closer to your weight loss goals, when it's more difficult to lose those last, stubborn 5-10 pounds. I've been down the weight loss road before, and that was when I noticed that not having snacks after 7:00 or 8:00 at night made a surprising difference.