Husband and Wife

Options
I am 61 years old, a mother of 4, grandmother of 13, great-grandmother of 1.
Some of my hobbies are quilting, taking care of my goats and chickens.
The weight gain started about 14 months ago. It started Christmas a year ago. My husband and I usually make 5# of fudge for each family as gifts. Well I seem to have eaten my way to 240 pounds and started having problems with high blood pressure, high cholorestrol, and thyroids went crazy. Aches and pains that I never had before started. Feeling old or at least older than 61.
I went from 165 to 240. I knew I needed to do something.
I started to watch what I ate. I started eating oatmeal for breakfast, fruits, vegetables (lots), and small portion of meat. Mostly venison. Nothing fried. No sugar. No bread. (Gets tiring eating the same thing).
I have gone from 240 down to 175.
I am still in need of another 30 pounds. I am presently at a stand still. Getting ready to change things up a lot . (Housework is no longer working) I guess I am going to have to do exercise or start walking.

We saw a dietitian. She gave us this site to look at and start logging what we are eating as a start. Our insurance doesn't pay for anything weight related.

We are going to have to do this on our own. It will be difficult for him. He loves to eat. But at least we have somewhere to start.
He has tried MetaFast. He went from 320 to 300. Now he is back up to 320. He has had a heart attack, triple bi-pass, kidney stones, gout, high cholorestrol. lHe isn't too keen on the idea but is at least willing to try again.