Those with kids

Options
2»

Replies

• RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh, and there are a A LOT of road races that offer kid runs. My marathon I will be training for has a kid run and my boys are soooo excited about it. They have been watching me run for years, and now they love it when they get to race.

Some of them even have activities for kids as young as your 3 year old. A race in our old hometown had a "Diaper Dash" and was a .25 mile run for the little little kids. The bigger ones could do the mile dash.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My daughter does gymnastics. She likes to come to the gym with me on the weekends, and normally runs around a little and does some body weight exercises. It's a small community gym, and there's rarely anyone there, so she's not a bother to anyone. This last week on the way to the gym she said she really wanted to lift weights with me, and was bummed that she's not allowed to use any of the machines. I took a quick detour to Target, and bought her some little 2lb and 3 lb pink and purple dumbbells to use while I lifted. During my rest period I'd teach her some exercises and she'd then do them while I did mine. It was too cute for words. Here's a pic -

32611386_239.jpg
  • jas369
    jas369 Posts: 10
    Options
    Shaun T (insanity) makes a Fit Kids Club DVD, and we just got it for our kids. Our almost 6 year old really enjoyed it, and we did it with him. It was more of dance and whatever, but it was 24 minutes (the program we choose) and gets the heart rate going! Check it out on amazon or somewhere of your choosing!