Student diet and exercise!!

Options
Hi, I'm relatively new to MFP. I joined when I got my iPhone (Jan 31st) and I've been hooked ever since!

I started at 5ft1, 132lbs [30FF, 24, 38] and I am now 125lbs :D Unfortunately I am stuck at that weight and have been for about 2 weeks! I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have been sticking to the diet religiously and I eat my exercise calories. I run around my halls of residence for 20 minutes 5 times a week, I don't drink or smoke and I try to stay away from unhealthy foods although living on a student budget of £100 a month means I usually have to buy cheap horrible basic ingredients to make food, but I don't think this should make a difference.

Is anyone else having trouble getting to their target? It's really upsetting me and sometimes I feel like I should just go back to how I was eating before...but I only have 15lbs to go! help :(

Thanks, Vicky xxx

Replies

• CarylMc1991
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a student too :) so I know it's hard to keep a good diet and exercise. What kind of exercise do you do? If you've been doing it for so long, you might need to switch it up, try something new! It's so cheap to get like an exercise DVD from Amazon or just do some light weight exercises with two 1L bottles of water or tins of beans/spaghetti etc etc etc in each hand, I like to do different exercises like squats, crunches, lunges, jumping jacks or whatever in my flat. I don't know much about fitness and all, but trying something different helps!

Hope this helps :)

Caryl x
  • vickysawyer
    vickysawyer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yay! Its nice to know there are other people out there who know the trials and tribulations of not bring able to afford the gym haha!
    I do 100 sit ups and run for 20 minutes about 5 times a week, but you're absolutely right, changing it up a bit might help :) I just took a look at amazon and found a few things that tickled my fancy also!

Thanks for the help, Caryl!

Vicky xxx
  • CarylMc1991
    Options
    Aaaah sweet :) glad I could help! I do recommend the Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred' DVD... it's so hard going but it's just 20 minutes out of your day and I guarantee you will feel dead the next day (if that is what you're going for! hehe) I think it's about £7 or £8 on Amazon... cheap but powerful!

Good luck! :)

Caryl x
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking your water? What about sodium? I was stuck and someone told me to look at my sodium intake. I didn't realize how much sodium was in my food
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right - you started out at a 24" waist? Maybe the reason you're not losing any more weight is because you don't need to??
  • vickysawyer
    vickysawyer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never thought to look at sodium intake, I'm never past my sodium target in my diary, but its definitely worth taking a look at! Thanks :) I do drink plenty of water though. xx
  • HeatherH1984
    Options
    Another student here, I agree with the sodium it's amazing how much is in some food which is hard to avoid sometimes when you're on a tiny budget. Hope you'll get unstuck now :D
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You weigh 125 lbs currently. Therefore, you're (probably) not overweight. Maybe your body doesnt need to loose any more and is fighting you because you are fine just the way you are.