Eating Out Tonight! Help!

Options
How do i account for a meal that I am not aware of it's nutrition information?

I was in a rush yesterday and ate 1/2 grilled chicken curry wrap. I'm not sure how they prepared the curry however I'm more than sure it contained oil.

Tonight is a friend's birthday and I have no idea of the nutrition information of the food nor the prep. It's not a chain restaurant where I could look up the info either.

Replies

• braydoherty
    Options
    How do i account for a meal that I am not aware of it's nutrition information?

I was in a rush yesterday and ate 1/2 grilled chicken curry wrap. I'm not sure how they prepared the curry however I'm more than sure it contained oil.

Tonight is a friend's birthday and I have no idea of the nutrition information of the food nor the prep. It's not a chain restaurant where I could look up the info either.
  • sjschwab
    sjschwab Posts: 15
    Options
    I found this recipe calculator that might help some. i'd recommend looking on a "chain" resturant site and finding something similar. or even a cooking site like recipezaar.com where they have hundreds of recipies and the nutrition content. Then find something very similar and estimate your calories based on it. that's what i've done for local resturants and eating at friends places
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    also, I find anyway, you can ask the waiters or waitresses, how it is prepared and since it is not a chain, you can have them prepare what you want how you want.....

Just stay away from the word "fried and smothered".

Try to bulk up a steamed or sauteed veggi as well.

You'll be fine.....

If it is BBQ, have it on the side. That way you can control your portion....
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    Options
    Dont understand me wrong.. I dont wanna offend you..

But whats wrong with you people sometimes?

Its a birthday of a friends.
    Got out and enjoy the dinner and food.

Of course you dont have to eat so much and fat food that your stomach hurts afterwards.

But unless do dont have birthday dinners (of friends) more than once a week enjoy it and dont think about to much of the calories..

Try to estimate the kcal afterwards or skip the information. it wont kill you..

just my humble opinion

cheers from dani
    (who is going out to dinner also because my best friends birthday and will enjoy it)
  • braydoherty
    Options
    Many thanks for all of your advice and resource information. I'm really enjoying myself here.

No offense taken, I just think my post was misunderstood. I am looking for the best way to track unkonwn nutrition facts. In the long run, I want to be able to see my patterns and how my progress is affected, if at all.

TRUST ME - I work really hard, I fully intend on enjoying myself :drinker: :bigsmile:

Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!
  • DaniUSA
    DaniUSA Posts: 74
    Options
    Sounds good. I hope you enjoyed the evening :)