Why do i feel hungry after i eat?

GiGi76
GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I eat lunch and 5 mins later my stomach is wanting more food, i dont eat more but im wondering why i feel so hungry all the time it seems. Is my body trying to adjust to my new eating habits or what??? Does anyone else have this problem??? I know im eating enough, but my stomach thinks otherwise!!!

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    I felt this way when I first started and I've heard many others say they did as well. My experience only lasted a week or so, some people said 2 or 3 weeks, but it should go away as your body adjusts
  • jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    I also experienced this in the early weeks...I think (at least in my case) that my stomach had been stretched somewhat with the number of calories I had been consuming before I began tracking, and it has tapered off as I get things under control...you may want to add some higher fiber foods and as much water as you can stand to fill up that empty space in the meantime...
  • GiGi76
    Thanks, i was hoping that was all it was.... i usually eat alot of junk food.... soooo im thinking my body is just confused and wanting junk food.... but no no thats not happening!!! Just feels weird that right after i eat an apple or something for a snack my stomach starts growling, it drives me crazy... i drink alot of water too in hopes of getting it to stop... but when it does stop its time to eat another snack or meal and it starts all over again!!! Ive been eating right for one week now so i hope another week or so and it will stop!!!
  • vstar04
    vstar04 Posts: 7
    Hello GiGi76

I had the same thing happen to me as well . Juust curious how many times a day do you eat? At the beginning I was only eating 3 times a day , I have since changed that and now I eat at least 6 to 7 times a day and that has helped hugely.

If you ever have an opportunity to buy a book called The Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno I urge you to , best book EVERRRRRRR readi it trust me it will help ...this is were I learned to eat 6 times a day.

Good luck and buy the BOOK

Vstar04:smile:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    You need to eat every 2-3 hours

Your body is adjusting to the lack of high fructose corn syrup, found in most junk food, and is an addictive substance

Eat fiberous foods, they will keep you fuller
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    It takes about twenty minutes for your brain to realize that you've eaten enough. Some things that help: drink water! Eat more leafy vegetables; eat more fiber; eat more lean protein; don't overindulge in fat but do eat the recommended amounts of healthier fats. And like mom probably told every one of us, slow down when eating. :drinker:
  • GiGi76
    I eat about 5-6times a day (3 meals and 2-3 snacks)... depending on work!!! Im fine after eating... i over exaggerated the 5mins its more like 20-30mins after i eat that my stomach starts growling again and doesnt stop until an hour or so later!!! And i drink lots of water... i always keep a bottle within reach.... i dont really drink anything other than water except a glass of red wine with my dinner.... Almost everyday i have the same things as my snacks.... an apple, a couple of eggs (without the yellow), celery, something along those lines!!! Im hoping in a couple of more days my body will get back to normal!!! Thanks everyone for all the info!!!
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Make sure that you are eating whole foods.....and your essentail fatty acids...
    Avacado's...EGG "YELLOW's" these are essentail for your body.
    Fiber....It's all good.
    I usually have 2 boiled eggs...then 2 hours later have some high fiber cereal...
    i find if I pack some good protein and mix in some fruits in there...I am not too starving by dinner..
    I do the 5 mini meals a day...and have a GREAT dinner...half the plate in Veges.... and a glass of grapes(WINE) cannot hurt me either......and make sure you get your fluids....and you will be fine not to eat after dinner for the rest of the night!!!!
    Happy eating:)
  • talygal
    talygal Posts: 17 Member
    If you are eating an apple for a snack, add some protein with it like a teaspoon of peanut butter, a 1/4 cup of fat free cottage cheese or some almonds. Protein is what keeps you full. Good luck!
  • hlanders
    hlanders Posts: 50
    Yes......I agree....and that is what works for me too! Always added to my snacks... Keeps you going!:flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Protein and complex carbs are a great way to keep fuller longer. Also, eat the 'French' way...take your time, put the fork down between bites, relax and enjoy the company. You'll notice that you won't eat everything on your plate because you took time instead of wolfing it all down...you let the signals of fullness reach your brain without overeating.
  • Fiber rich foods & eating/chewing slowly (maybe 8/9 seconds per bite & eating less per bite) could help.
This discussion has been closed.