Hello

Options
New to the boards... I'm nearly 33, 5'4 and 162lbs right now - my goal is to get down to around 140.

I have never had fluctuating weight, even after I had my kids I lost the weight quickly without much effort. The last few years my dh and I have been traveling a couple of times a year and I have gained a few pounds with each trip (eating out and booze!) and surprisingly it hasn't come off with my half *kitten* efforts so I'm trying to get serious about getting it off now!

I generally have good eating habits, the foods I eat are healthy, I love veggies and I love to cook different and unusual things. My daughter is a type 1 diabetic so I am very familiar with portion sizes, weighing food, eating small, frequent meals etc. I just need to work on my own portion sizes and healthier snacking.

I rarely exercise but trying to get back into it! I bought a gym membership last year and I really didn't use it as much as I thought I would - not sure if I should bother again but not sure how else to motivate myself to exercise more regularly anymore.

I'm using the app to track my calorie intake - have been using it daily for the last month and have lost 3lbs so far. It's really difficult to see it happening so slowly, I don't see any results, I don't feel different (except hungry lol) I'm trying to be patient, trying to stick with it - thought if I joined the boards it might give me a bit of motivation!

Replies

• JJEMZN
    Options
    Hi, My name is Kim, I am a 32 yr old newly single mom of 6 beautiful kids, I have about 50lbs to lose and also could use extra support from people who are trying to become healthy like me :)

After my 6th child I was about 225 lbs ( in Nov 2012) I am now 189.5, My issues is NOT eating enough meals during the day!
    My Beach body coach started a facebook page and our challenge started today, and today was my first day eating 3 meals( my calorie intake today was too low, but im learning how to eat lol) and also did 2 mile walk video at home ( great cardio) and did a 35 min brisk walk tonight, with that said, the support really does help, so feel free to add me as a friend if you like :)