Sweet Potato Hash

Options
kellycrow
kellycrow Posts: 140
Got this from a Better Homes & Gardens Magazine... I didn't subscribe but they keep sending it to me... keep trying to cancel... but at least I got this recipe! Super Yummy!!

1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 TB vegetable oil
1 11-oz can southwestern style corn w/ black beans & peppers, rinsed & drained
1/2 cup sour cream (i used vegan sour cream as I am a vegan and have a child w/ milk issues)
2 TB chipotle salsa
3 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
fresh cilantro & chili powder (optional)

1. Place sweet potatoes in microwave-safe dish; cover and cook on 100% power for 5-8 minutes or just until tender enough to chop. Cool slightly; cut into chunks. Sprinkle lightly with salt. (oops - forgot that step... oh well... didn't miss it)
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook until browned and crisp-tender (about 3 minutes). Add drained corn to skillet. Cook 3 minutes more or until potatoes are tender.
3. Meanwhile, stir together sour cream & salsa.
3. To serve, divide sweet potato mixture among 4 plates. Top with avocado and serve with salsa sour cream sauce. Add cilantro and sprinkle with chili powder.
Serves 4

As the recipe is written (I am sure my vegan sour cream changed the nutritional information)
246 calories per serving
14 g fat (good fat!! lol!); 12 mg chol.; 463 mg sodium; 20g carbs; 5g fiber; 4g protein

This is listed in the MFP database as Better Homes and Gardens - Sweet Potato Hash using the given nutritional information.

Hope you like it!! :o)

(wish I knew how to post a photo since I took a really nice one it it! lol!!)

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Got this from a Better Homes & Gardens Magazine... I didn't subscribe but they keep sending it to me... keep trying to cancel... but at least I got this recipe!

lol. that's funny. i paid for a three year subscription last may and i've only gotten three issues total. wanna trade? :D
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    sounds gooooooooooooood! Gotta try this!