microwave pita chips

Options
I have joseph's flax and oat bran pitas and i cut em into chip size and microwaved for 1min and 15 sec let cool for like 10 sec. boom awesome pita chips. about 16 chips for 60kcal. yum

Replies

• vstar04
    vstar04 Posts: 7
    Options
    Were can I buy those pita's ?

:happy:
  • jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    either from their site or at ur grocery store by the deli :) i have a shaws near me that carries them. i assume trader joes does aswell
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Are they just regular pitas? Do you think it would work with a run of the mill whole wheat pita pocket?
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    I'm going to try this one. That just sounds amazing and simple
  • jquintinjr
    jquintinjr Posts: 191
    Options
    i bet it would work with any pita. the key is to mic. it long enough so the moisture evaporates. they should come out like any store bought chip. :)
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    holy heck it works well. This makes me super excited I'm allergic to sunflower oil (which for chips is in almost everything).
    And then to make it better this is way way healthier. thank you so much for sharing this.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    never thought of this. I like to bake my pita bread with some feta cheese and then I top it with a wonderful medeterranean (sorry if spelling is wrong) garbanzo bean and tomato salad, filling, low cal and so yummy!