Honey and Cinnamon

Options
I keep finding on the Internet that eating Honey and Cinnamon on toast once a day will help you lose weight and overall improve your health.
Could anyone shed some light on this as to weather it's true or a Hoax?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Only if they fit into a caloric deficit. There is absolutely nothing about honey or cinnamon that give them magical weight loss properties.

ETA: or toast.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    bump...to recheck if anyone supports this because I'd LOVE for it to be true! :love:
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is very good for a person, in fact Diabetics take Cinnamon in pill form to help control there blood sugar levels when taking Insulin. I use Cinnamon & Honey on my cereal when I eat cereal, not everyday though. Do some more checking, I'd be interested in knowing....the rest of the story! lol :happy:
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    According to snopes:
    "Origins: This item extolling the medicinal virtues of honey and cinnamon is based upon a 17 January 1995 article that appeared in the Weekly World News, the erstwhile supermarket tabloid known for publishing the fantastically fictional (it has since transitioned to an online medium), so as a piece of medical literature it should be taken with many grains of salt."

Quick fixes for weightloss are hardlly ever medically sound or viable. Watch your calories and micronutirents, move your body more, and save your honey for tea and your cinnamon for your apples. We didn't get fat overnight, we're not going to get fit that way.