Tough Mudder- anyone else signed up alone?

Options
Hi guys.

I have just signed up for a Tough Mudder in October. I have signed up all by my lonesome as im going to have to take a flight to get to it lol! anyway.. anyone ever signed up/completed a tough mudder as an individual?

Replies

• greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Which one have you signed up for?

I completed mine as part of a team, but we made a friend on the way round who was running solo and we 'adopted' him (gave him a matching tutu and everything). I know that you'll have people to help you over obstacles even as a solo, everyone helps people that need it. And you might find a team willing to absorb more members too, just make sure you're chatting to people as you go!
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I am all alone, but might be able to hook up with some on here that might be doing the same day. I am signed up for Saturday 21st September in the South West UK.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Im heading to the North West England one on the Saturday. everyone thinks im a nutter and can't find anyone willing to take part in it with me lol!!
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Have you tried the TM forums? You might find people there also running solo who are wanting a team.

And yes, everyone I asked thought I was a nutter too! I went because a friend of mine in a different country asked me to join her team.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    Options
    No, must try on there :) actually really looking forward to it- though i may conk out after lol!!
  • greypilgrimess
    Options
    Haha it's an incredible experience, you'll have an amazing time! I want to do another.My fiance's family is trying to get a group together for one in November in the US, I'm very excited about it.
    Note, it'll help a lot of you can run normally 7+ miles without too much difficulty.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    Options
    yeh, im sporty anyway so fit (despite my size), psychologically im not a road runner (my head says boring and so i don't do it) but give me a hockey/football/rugby pitch i'll run and run and run, so will be doing lots of running and strength training!!
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I am doing South East in may! Would be great to hear your training programme! my sis and bro in law have done one, and again they have said unlike a lot of 'competitions' it really is a challenge and you help others along the way!
  • jw203
    jw203 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to sign up for the one in Scotland in August! As part of a team I don't know very well at all. I'm a road runner and I lift so hopefully if I really up my game for the next 6 months I'll be onto a winner.
  • debbiedoodaday
    Options
    Hi there, I'm doing the Tough Mudder this Saturday and don't have a team either!! So you're not alone!