Roller blading - is this possible?

Options
My nephew is on spring break and I took him roller blading at a local roller skating rink. We did a two hour session pretty much non-stop with only breaks here and there for water fountain/rest room. It was great fun!

I used to play ice/roller hockey so I am very good at skating and skated most of the time with speed and intensity.

I logged the this as an exercise today and entered it in as 100 minutes (figuring that taking away 20 minutes would account for the short breaks and maybe the times were I let up a bit and coasted).

According to the site, I burned 2087 for 100 minutes of roller blading... is that possible? Not complaining if it is, but wow... seems an awful lot.

Thanks for any feedback or clarifications...

Replies

• sendmoretigers
    Options
    that does seem high but i wouldn't be surprised, skating is a real heart rate accelerator and gets your whole body moving, don't see too many fat hockey players! seeing as you're from MO, maybe the number includes calories burned pulling your hair out watching the blues this season???
  • vjh431
    vjh431 Posts: 38
    Options
    I had the same exact reaction when I found out the calorie's I burned when hiking. But I enjoy it so much that I have no mind when it comes to time so I'll be out there for 4hours and not even realize I burned up 2000 calories.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Check out this link
    http://www.fitwatch.com/database/searchexdb.html
    The most accurate measure of calories burned is going to take your weight into account.

I learned this week that 4 hours of yard work burns 2000+ calories and 5 hours of scrubbing the house burns about 1600... 2K roller blading may not be all that inaccurate.

:drinker:
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did about 45 minutes of roller blading and my calories burned was pretty high. Feeling it the next day really told me that it must have burned some serious calories... ouch!