Just not feeling it today =/

Options
Feeling burnt out tonight. I had a busy day and was up at 7am got dinner started, my 3 & 4 year old fed and dressed, cleaned my kitchen, a few other house tasks and then out the door at 10am. Was gone from home until 6pm with my two kids, came home finished putting dinner together (love how much simpler making atleast the majority of a meal in my crockpot is for time management purposes) and getting kids routines finished up for the day and settled in for bed.

Now it is 9:38pm tuesday (I live in Japan) and I just don't have the energy to get my workouts done. I usually do 30DS and Chalean Extreme, but I just feel wiped out today. In the back of my head I am pissed at myself because I am sitting here like D***it I really need to, but just have no motivation. I can't decide if it's really okay to skip it or if I need to force myself despite how late it is to get it done.

Replies

• Luffbot
    Options
    cleaning, walking, doing errands - it all burns calories (: Don't stress yourself and beat yourself up. As long as you're watching calories you should be fine today. ^_^ Take a break but do it harder tomorrow. <3
  • moebius13
    Options
    Had the same problem yesterday. Ended up still working out, but lowered my instensity. Once I got started, actually ended up working out about twice as long as usual, and burned same amount of calories as my usual workout. And I felt better, and not guilty that I skipped a workout :)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Someone posted this yesterday.. Need a pep talk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2c3DJMnUGM
  • walkerr1968
    Options
    cleaning, walking, doing errands - it all burns calories (: Don't stress yourself and beat yourself up. As long as you're watching calories you should be fine today. ^_^ Take a break but do it harder tomorrow. <3

Absolutely right. Get yourself a good pedometer (every busy mom needs one). Then you can see how many steps you took and literally how many miles you did. Then you will be able to realize your workout and log it. That will make you feel better.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah! And Arthur did it and you can too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
  • jenndymond
    jenndymond Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just pick one and say youll do the warm up. Its something, you wont feel guilty, and chances are you will do the whole thing.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Just listen to your body, if you're exhausted, then you're doing yourself a favour by skipping your usual routine :smile:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    don't give yourself an excuse...We all have days of feeling eh...if you give a free pass for that you'll never get anywhere. I only give the pass if I'm with a migraine or something that would get worse if I worked out. I didn't feel like working out last night, and it wasn't my best effort, but I did it and I killed it. Usually once I start a work out I end up killing it...so start and see what you can accomplish.
  • tattoogal77
    tattoogal77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You had an extremely busy day and everything you did burned calories. Sometimes you need to rest so that when you do workout you get the most out of it. Don't stress over missing one day.
  • dskjagoda
    dskjagoda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Although it's great to exercise a lot, you really don't need to do specific exercises every day. Just make sure that you exercise a total of 20 minutes 3 times per week, and you'll keep your metabolism up.