1200kcal per day, how do I do it?

Options
13»

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Isn't it against forum rules to promote and encourage eating so little?

If you are referring to a 1200 cal diet, then no, since MFP puts that as the minimum allowed calorie goal. It would be a bit hypocritical of them to suggest 1200 for many people, then turn around and make it against forum rules to talk about it, don't ya think?

Everyone needs to find the calorie and nutrition plan that is appropriate for their own body.

It's not super clear, but MFP's "floor" of 1200 is for "net calories", not gross. The OP of this thread to me implies that she's looking for tips on eating 1200 gross calories, which in my opinion is a pretty sick intake.

Ask the random newbie here what net calories are and their eyes will gloss over. A lot (maybe even most) of these people treat the 1200 as their gross calorie target. This is a big problem.

MFP is not really helping in this regard. It's really just a simple calculator, and for the most part people's nutrition plan is self directed. Because it's such a naive calculator, a fair bit of comprehension is required of the user. This part is not very clear. People see the number 1200 and just blindly think they should eat 1200 calories per day.