Protein shakes

Options
I often heard a lot protein shakes; however I am not sure how important it is to use protein in one's weight . My understanding is that protein based items help you to feel fuller. Then you heard the information that protein shakes are not good for women then I hear other information that you need protein to build muscle. So what is the truth behind protein? And are protein shakes effective in weight loss particularly for women? And what is the right type of protein to use I see a lot of people using whey protein?

Replies

• LemonMint6
    Options
    Hey! We have some similar goals! I'm 30 (almost 31) and I've lost about 10 pounds, and my total goal is around 65-70 pounds.

I have started taking protein, but not because of weight loss specifically.

I work out 6 days a week, 3 cardio, 2 strength, and 1 yoga.
    I am on a low carb diet, with a goal of 30% protein, and I eat 1600-1800 cals a day.

I have started using protein too make sure I reach my protein macro because I already eat meat 4 times a day, and usually I drink it after I've worked out, or if I'm hungry in the morning, but am about to workout so don't want to eat.

I also am mostly dairy free so I don't get protein through milk, yogurt, or cheese.

So that's a long way of saying, it depends on your goals. :)