Cant lose Weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm going ot second with more weights and less cardio to "body sculpt", which is what it seems you are looking for. Set your calories to maintain... once you have more muscle mass you *may* not feel a need to lose those 6 lbs.
  • stobes22
    stobes22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How do you feel Psychically? fitness is a life long practice for me, I try not to let the day to day numbers bother me, just focus long term. Insanity will do it for you over the 60 days!!!

Physically I feel like crap!!!!!
  • stobes22
    Options
    You are not eating enough. Set your goal at 0.5lbs per week... eat your exercise calories back and you wil eventually lose weight. When you are so small to begin with it takes a while to lose weight.

And for all those who say you are losing fat but gaining muscle... NO! You will not gain muscle at such a low calorie amount. Muscle gain needs a calorie surplus.

How does eating more calories make me lose more weight? That is so confusing.. Ive changed it to lose 1lb/week which is 1200 calories/day (same as 2lbs/week). to loose 0.5lbs/week it recommends about 1350 calories/day
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because you're gaining muscle? Muscle weighs more than fat!

No.

You have very little to lose and it'll be water weight from the workouts.

But if it was just water it would be the number on the scale as opposed to what my body looks like.. and thats not the case...

Water doesn't look much different on your body than fat if you are bloated, or muscle if the water is stored in the muscle for repair.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    @foofoo2010 - thanks for the advice... about 1-2x/week I do weights and cardio.. the other time its pure cardio

@christyrunstarr - yes I have made it 2lbs/week... could that be a reason? But how does it make sense that I need to eat MORE calories than what I am eating to lose weight??? And yes I eat back what I burn off

You will need to eat back the calories you have gained from working out so that your body can have the energy to work properly. Your body needs the calories to rebuild the muscle you have so diligently worked on. Muscle does not weigh more than fat but it does need more calories to sustain it. Look at it like this. If you are given 1200 calories a day, and you work out and burn 600 calories, its like you really only ate 600 calories. Take into account that MFP already puts in a deficit for your calories and this is the reason why you should eat back the calories you expended to just break even.

I hope this helps.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    @foofoo2010 - thanks for the advice... about 1-2x/week I do weights and cardio.. the other time its pure cardio

@christyrunstarr - yes I have made it 2lbs/week... could that be a reason? But how does it make sense that I need to eat MORE calories than what I am eating to lose weight??? And yes I eat back what I burn off

You will need to eat back the calories you have gained from working out so that your body can have the energy to work properly. Your body needs the calories to rebuild the muscle you have so diligently worked on. Muscle does not weigh more than fat but it does need more calories to sustain it. Look at it like this. If you are given 1200 calories a day, and you work out and burn 600 calories, its like you really only ate 600 calories. Take into account that MFP already puts in a deficit for your calories and this is the reason why you should eat back the calories you expended to just break even.

I hope this helps.

^^^^This. You cant eat very little and exercise to excess. Your body will fight you to keep what weight you have. Either exercise less or eat more.
  • stobes22
    Options

I hope this helps.

^^^^This. You cant eat very little and exercise to excess. Your body will fight you to keep what weight you have. Either exercise less or eat more.

I am eating the calories I burn off, so if I dont work out I have 1200 calories/day if I burn 200 calories in my workout I eat 1400 calories/day
  • stobes22
    Options

I hope this helps.

I am eating the calories I burn off, so if I dont work out I have 1200 calories/day if I burn 200 calories in my workout I eat 1400 calories/day
  • Alexfit12
    Options
    I'm am the same height and have the same problem. I know that at this height you wanna be a little thinner. I feel the same. But I have to tell you that personally, I can only lose weight with less than 700-800 calories, sport and no carbs. (i am very fit and fulfill my body's requirements for nutrients and i am perfectly healthy, so please don't interpret that as starvation). Some people may attack that number, but our bodies are all different. 1200 calories is a maintenance intake for me... Just because the site gives you a number it doesn't mean it's the best for you. Those statistics estimate caloric requirement for most people, not all people!