Exercise Ball Workouts

MiekeJ
MiekeJ Posts: 139
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone,

I have an exercise ball at home that I use quite a lot and have started to wonder how many calories I would be burning in a normal 30-40 minute workout.

The workout consists of lunges, crunches, lifts etc. Some of the sets are pretty intense and I do finish up with a bit of a sweat towards the end.

Can anyone recommend a rough estimate of how many calories I may be burning doing this type of exercise, I would really like to start adding it to the diary.

Thanks for all your help in advance!

M

Replies

• jshine
    jshine Posts: 2 Member
    I just did an hour long class with a fitness ball. I couldn't find it in the exercise log...I just used it as an hour of low impact aeorbics and got like 508 calories for doing it...It certainly wasn't a low impact workout but at least its logged.
    I hope this helps. :)
  • lgblack
    lgblack Posts: 73 Member
    I use calisthenics (or whatever) and use the line depending on my intensity. It is what I use, whether it is an accurate count or not....but as I have been losing weight and inches even when eating some of the 'earned' calories I figure it is not way off the mark.
  • SaRRkazm
    SaRRkazm Posts: 7 Member
    I would definitely say try googling it. Some exercises just aren't in the database. I started doing the Insanity workout program and it's not in the database either, so I had to google it to see what I could find and I found what I needed.

Hope that helps :flowerforyou:
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    I'm currently doing a lot of intense ball exercises with my personal trainer and I wear a heart rate monitor which also calculates how many calories I burn.

In a 30 minute session I burn around the 450 calorie mark (and sweat a heap!). Some weeks a bit more and some a bit less depending on how many breaks I have.
This discussion has been closed.