At a bit of a loss here.

Options
I've been fighting with my weight for a long time and haven't been able to move below 200 for a while now. Last Christmas I decided, enough is enough and I'm done. So I got myself a BodyMedia Link and attached my phone to my hip to keep track of my eating.

Two weeks ago, I was at 196 and had lost roughly 5 pounds. That weekend I had a bad day and had gone up to 198.5. All the next week I kept at it to be under count and stay on track.

Then superbowl sunday I had another bad day. Nothing that bad, maybe a little over 200 calories over my intended. I'm now back up to 200 again.

I'm really at a loss here. I am usually very active at my job to where it equals out a 2 mile walk. If it ends up being a slow day, I do a 2 mile walk at lunch time. I know 'bad days' happen and you have to move on from them to keep going. But every time I have a bad day (even a small one) my weight shoots back up.

I've not posted my weights on MFP the last two weeks because I hate seeing the number shoot up...as to why I wrote it out here.

If anyone has any ideas or questions, I'm happy to chat. I've even opened up my diary as well (which is normally private). Anything is welcome.

Replies

• krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lots of sodium means water retention. Looks like what you've been eating lately would have a lot of it.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Water weight and digestive matter can account for 5lb or more weight gain. After a "bad day" it will take a few days to rid yourself of it, and get back to where you were. Drink extra water, that will help.