How much weight can be lost in 5-6 months?

Options
13»

Replies

• quiqui29
    Options
    Ive lost 46 lbs in 7 months but I slacked maybe about a month of those 7 months so it probably would have been more. However I am 5'3 and I started at 309 lbs. I measure my food, drink as much water, walked outside whenever warm from 1-2 1/2 hours 4-5 times a week and/or went to the gym. Doctor prescribed phetermine weight loss pills that you take one a day but went from taking one everyday to a few a week to none to whenever I feel like taking my pill.
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Just asking because I am getting married in late July this year, and I need some motivation...I FUBAR'd the last three days and I need to get back on track...but I wanted to set a realistic goal for late July. How much did you/can you lose in 5-6 months?

You want to look good in your wedding dress(measurements) or just lose weight ? Two completely diff things.

You can lose just 10-20 lbs in 6 months and look great in a wedding dress if you eat/ cardio/strength train properly

vs

lose 50-60 lbs in 6 months by being hungry, no proper training regimen, and look small but all flabby.

You have 5-6 months, tons of time for a 'big' change in your body.

Focus on proper eating/cardio/strength training regimen. Weight loss and inches lost will follow automatically.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    @Edward Kim--- You can lose 50-60 lbs. in 5-6 months and not look flabby! I was well toned and not flabby at all. I followed no plans but my own. I walked, ran, swam, biked, whatever...You can still lose 50 pounds in that amount of time and be toned. Just sayin'. But I agree with you last statement. :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I was doing great and lost 50 within just a couple months but then along came my 3 month Plateau so you just never know.Its hard to set a goal .