After I eat I feel like I'm going to puke

Options
For about the last 10-15 days I've been feeling like I'm going to puke after I eat? Is this a normal feeling or is there anything I can do differently?

Btw I haven't puked it goes away after awhile but it is just a weird feeling to me...

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Low grade virus? Mild food poisoning? Something else? If that keeps up see a doctor if you are fortunate enough to be able to.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have felt like that most of my life. I have to drink water before I eat to dilute food. I can't take multivitamins either because they will come right back up. Your case may be different though since it is new. Your body is changing though. It may just be more sensitive.
  • neraulia
    neraulia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    If you tend to eat really fast, you could try eating slower and chewing a lot. I hope you feel better!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Energy drinks, excessive caffeine and diet pills can also cause this.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I get that feeling when I've been feeling really happy with weight loss; it's a psychological connection I make that connects food with the low feelings you get when feeling fat, I subconsciously connect my meal with a low time; like trying to find something to wear. The fear of putting on weight is what makes me feel sick; it took me a long time to figure it out because it IS all subconscious. I try not to drink too much with meals as it makes it more difficult for your body to extract all the goodness from food so I just smile and tell myself to relax. Obviously you may be completely different but you never know x
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I had this for awhile. Go to your doctor. Mine was either a virus or IBS (we're still not sure), but she gave me some stomach meds to stop it from spasming. I was at the point where I was afraid to eat, too.
  • hitstuff
    hitstuff Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would just reiterate what someone already said. I had a hellish time for a bit- full on queasiness in the am. It took me some time to narrow it down to the multivitamin I was taking. As mysteriously as it had begun, it instantly went away once I switched brands. Good luck!!!
  • ktrichards06
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input!

I don't drink energy drink, taken caffeine pills, etc....The only kind of multivitamin I can take is a childrens chewable because like someone else mentioned they can't take an adult multivitamin because it comes right back up.

I was thinking it could be because I eat fast and I notice it happens more if I drink a lot of water before eating, so I'm going to see if that changes it.