Any 5'2" ladies please help me with this

Options
Hi, I'm Kellie and I'm new to this whole site and I am wondering if any women who are my height could help me. I am currently at 255, I want to get down to 150 and then I want to get down to 130 for my ultimate weight goal. I was wondering if anyone can help me get an idea of what size I would be getting down to. I am currently a large frame body and I wear a size 20 jean with a 1x to 2x shirt. When I get my husband to take pictures of me, I will post them and as I lose weight, I will post progression pics. My husband and I are losing weight together and we are going two different routes. I am using the site and counting calories and he is using the Atkins diet. Any ideas would be great. I have been reading and looking at success stories and I think the idea is great and very motivational to people who are on this long journey to become healthier. Thank you.

Replies

• Rice27
    Rice27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 2 and 130.5 and I am in 8-10 clothes....shirts are small and a few medium (large chest lol)
    When I started this time I was around 155 and a size 14/Large

Hope this helps!
    Good Luck!
    Nikki
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 113 and wear a 2-4 ...when I was 170 I wore a 14 ...so a 10 i'm guessing?? good for you and your husband ! thats awesome to have support!!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    I am 5'2" and have the following stats:

SW: 235, Size 22WP, 2XL
    CW: 165, Size 12, L
    GW: No weight goal, Size 8/10? Tops will probably never be less than L cuz the girls ain't shrinking! Just working on get the bodyfat % down a bit more.

I am "dense" - most folks guess my weight at 20lbs less than actual.
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5"4. Currently at 208lbs and wear a 14/16. When I was 150lbs, I wore a 10. At 160-180lbs, I wore a 12.
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Check out My Body Gallery for real pictures of women - search by height/weight/body shape. I find this helpful as I try to mentally adjust my perceptions of my own body as it is changing.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    HI! I just posted a few pics in another thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/876570-let-s-see-the-results-no-matter-how-much-you-have-lost?page=11

I started at 224lbs (but don't have pictures), the first picture is at 196lbs and size 18/16. I am 159lbs now and size 10 (mostly, I do have some 12 pants). The pants that I'm wearing in the second picture are size 10 and the top is size medium. Hope it helps and good luck.
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2, when i started i was 130,
    jeans depending on brand 8/9
    medium tops

now i'm 119, size 2/ 4, small/medium tops
  • EPICUREASIAN
    EPICUREASIAN Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different so there will be some variation within weight ranges.

In addition to progress pics, don't forget to get a measuring tape and log your measurements. Sometimes the inches you lose will be more dramatic than the number you see on the scale.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and started out at 250 lbs, currently 127 lbs working toward 120 and will see from there where I want to go. BTW your bone structure will never change, if you are a large frame you will always be a large frame. To be sure on that you should measure properly for that. http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php try that link it might help.

I'm considered a small frame.

This was me at my biggest
    250.jpg

This is me now
    DSCF8534.jpg
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and started out at 250 lbs, currently 127 lbs working toward 120 and will see from there where I want to go. BTW your bone structure will never change, if you are a large frame you will always be a large frame. To be sure on that you should measure properly for that. http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php try that link it might help.

250.jpg

This is me now
    DSCF8534.jpg

you look great!!! what did you do?? how long?
  • jennifermarie16144
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently 216. When I was 140 lbs, I wore a size 7 in jeans and a medium in shirts. Im am def not petite. It will also vary from brand to brand of clothes. So I would say anywhere between a 7 and 10. Good luck on your journey to weight loss. Add me if you like, I need all the motivation in the world to keep me going!!
  • jennifermarie16144
    Options
    Wow that is a big change. You look really good!! Congrats on the weight loss, totally awesome!!
  • beckers_99
    beckers_99 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 166 pds. and I'm between an 8/10 for pants and tops are small or medium depending on the style. When I was down to 138 about 7 yrs. ago, I was in a 4/6, the 4 was a little tight though. I'm hoping to be more toned this time than last time though.
  • ajohnson1567
    ajohnson1567 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and im around 170 and im in a 12, but about 130 and im in a 7/8..My legs are short though so im always in a petit pants.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

250.jpg

This is me now
    DSCF8534.jpg

you look great!!! what did you do?? how long?

thanks, I just used MFP Counting my calories and working out, been at it off and on for a little over 2 year's now. Steady a year and a half.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2! I weigh around 122 right now and am usually a size 6. I did just buy a pair of size 4s the other day, though. When I was 130, I was a 6, I'm pear shaped. I started off around 170 and was a 14/16 :) I have pics in my profile.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2"/5'3" and I weigh 143 and a somewhat lose size 7 - T-shirt size is small others are usually medium
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm 5'3".. at my highest was around 168 lbs. and usually wore a 12. I'm now around 125-130 and wearing a size 6.. hoping to get down to a 4 soon. I'm not really monitoring my weight so much anymore but relying more on body fat %.

Good luck w/your journey!

Editing to add... I usually wear a women's medium (but could fit into a small in some things). If I buy any men's stuff, I wear a small.. but sometimes that's too big depending on the item.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3
    At 220, I was in 2x tops, and size 16 jeans

Now at 180, I'm in an XL (which I think I could go down to a Large, I'm just scared), and my size 14 jeans are baggy, especially on my bum lol
  • imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a wide frame and I wear a size 10 in most jeans at 148 lbs. For a better perspective, I wore a size 12/14 when I was 165 lbs and size 9 when I was 135 lbs. It depends on the jeans but that seems to be pretty consistent with what everyone else is saying.

Edit: I'm 5 ft 2 in. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!