February and Motivation

Options
So, I have seen it all over the boards and I am starting to see it at the gym. People are losing their will to succeed, their motivation is waning and they want to or are starting to quit. The excitement of the “journey to fit” has worn off, and for most of us, the weather is grey and cold and we are left with the cold hard reality of the work ahead. It is getting very easy to walk away. You can see this every year and I have fallen victim to this more than once. This is February.

Remember, that while people here will encourage you, motivation can only come from you! Motivation is not the warm fuzzy feeling when things are going well. It is the unstoppable force that pushes us through when the times get hard. Now is the time that we must do a gut check and strengthen our resolve. We must focus on the positive and start looking around for a few NSVs to help keep us going. Remember why you started this journey. Your desire to be different must be bigger than things that are holding you to that old life style. You can do this! You don’t want to go to work out or don’t have the urge to get in that one last rep/mile. Do not let yourself fail. If you don’t have a way to get it done; YOU MAKE A WAY!

Are you still here?!?!? Get away from the computer and go kick some *kitten*! RAWR!

Replies

• IluvFelicia
    Options
    Oh my gosh! Nice dude! PREACH! Everybody's motivation is different and without will power just having motivation wont do it! keep up the good work everyone!
  • Iceman420
    Options
    I've seen it at my gym too. It's so easy to lose motivation. But I'm staying motivated because I know spring is coming. I want to look better :)
  • alwest0902
    alwest0902 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a workout partner who helps push me. I also have short term and long term goals. And I'm always trying to get others to join the band-wagon!
  • MaryJane_JB
    Options
    I needed this. Thank you. :happy:
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My motivation was sucking too, but I got a pretty good motivator shoved in my face today, so no way I'm letting up now. No effin' way.
  • monikaniewazne520
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to hear after weighting myself in today and noticing I gained 1.2lbs however everyone keep telling me my face slim down. I wonder where those extra pounds come from since I am drinking water, I don't eat white bread or past much, no butter, no dressings/mayo, no sweets and I still gain.

I did my set of 20's plunges, torso twisters, side-lunge extensions, cross-legs crunches, regular crunches, superwoman plank, leg-seesaw, leg-twists, half-bridge, and some arm workout. After 15 minutes I just gave up, it's day 1. Will need lot of support and motivation here.

Good luck everyone tho !!