ACCOUNTABLILITY. Any Michiganders? Christ-followers?

Options
Hello All!

A bit about me (the short version):
I am a 22 year old student at Central Michigan University, studying Child Development. In eighth grade, I became extremely sick, which caused me to lose the ability to stay active and I quickly became a couch potato. It didn't help that I was never truly taught how to eat correctly. As such, I packed on the pounds over the years. I let that sickness and its results become a scapegoat of sorts. No more.

My health again went on the decline toward the end of 2012. However, this time it gave me motivation. Let me be clear now, my goal is not to lose weight. My goal is to learn how to be healthy and fit. Though weight-loss will come with that, there is a clear mental distinction that makes a huge difference. Nonetheless, I have set a "goal weight," more for a gauge than for a goal.

Right now:
First thing you should know: I love and serve the Lord. My ultimate goal is His glory. The healthier that I am, the better I can serve.
Currently, I weigh about 240, which is 10lbs less than my max.
Height: 5'10.5"
Health constraints: Asthma, scoliosis, scarring throughout my respiratory system, as well as a set of still-healing stitches (temporary). [note: I no longer believe these to be things that can hold me back. I once did, but no longer. Rather, I acknowledge them and find ways around them, or even to help them heal/strengthen/etc.]
Also, my best friend/brother and I both are in the middle of a no-processed food challenge. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone. Better for you, and tastes GREAT. Note that he is extremely fit, but chose to do the challenge to be aware of what exactly we are putting in our bodies.

I've come back to MFP to be more cognizant of what I am eating and the effects it has.

If anyone is willing to help encourage me, hold me accountable, and support me, please feel free to add me. I will most definitely return the favor!

Have a wonderful day!

Replies

• brandymandycandy
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
    I would love to help you along your journey feel free to add me!!! :smile:
  • kristina1709
    kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    God Bless you!!!

"I/You/We Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me/You/Us" Philippians 4:13

:)
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm from Michigan too! I'm also a young Christan woman. I'm starting a new bible study tomorrow about King David by Beth Moore and I'm super excited about it! I'll add you as a friend and we can support each other. I'm more focused on being a clean healthy eater and increasing my muscle mass but we do seem to have a lot in common already.
  • Zoggy3333
    Zoggy3333 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Weightloss as the Christian walk is, a journey and a process. I, too, am a believer and follower of our Lord Jesus. Feel free to addd me. Fight the good fight and surround yourself with positive people who will support you and encourage you.....

you can do all things........

Bill