AMAZING Chocolate Kahlua Cake

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
Ok...my aunt made this for Christmas and it was AWESOME! She made the real fat version, which, I'll list, but everything can be substituted for light or fat free.

1 pkg chocalote cake mix
1/2 to 1 c kahlua
2 pkgs dark chocolate pudding
6 heath or skor bars (frozen)
1 lg or 2 sm Cool whip

Mix cake and bake according to directions. Then, layer 1/2 cake, 1/2 kahlua, 1/2 pudding, 1/2 cool whip, break up 3 candy bar. Put into a glass bowl. Repeat for 2nd layer.

Ok...in my world, a little too fancy. So,what I do, is make the cake, cut it into pieces for the bottom layer, pile on the kahlua, pudding, cool whip, then put some more cake chunks, and more of the good stuff. I only put the candy bars sprinkled on top. you can cut down on cals that way too..you don't need all 6 of them.

Enjoy! It's yummy...and looking messy makes it look even yummier!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Ok...my aunt made this for Christmas and it was AWESOME! She made the real fat version, which, I'll list, but everything can be substituted for light or fat free.

1 pkg chocalote cake mix
    1/2 to 1 c kahlua
    2 pkgs dark chocolate pudding
    6 heath or skor bars (frozen)
    1 lg or 2 sm Cool whip

Mix cake and bake according to directions. Then, layer 1/2 cake, 1/2 kahlua, 1/2 pudding, 1/2 cool whip, break up 3 candy bar. Put into a glass bowl. Repeat for 2nd layer.

Ok...in my world, a little too fancy. So,what I do, is make the cake, cut it into pieces for the bottom layer, pile on the kahlua, pudding, cool whip, then put some more cake chunks, and more of the good stuff. I only put the candy bars sprinkled on top. you can cut down on cals that way too..you don't need all 6 of them.

Enjoy! It's yummy...and looking messy makes it look even yummier!