Wedding Weight Loss Need Help!

Options
I'm getting married on September 14th, 2013! And well - I weigh a lot more than I would like to! I need some really easy tips for losing back fat - arm flab - and the annoying chins... I'm only 20 years old, I shouldn't be going through this kind of thing - I should be worrying about the wedding. But I can't. I am so concerned with my weight, I feel hideous. Can I get some support and some tips? Thanks!

Replies

• Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, track your calories, exercise, and do it every day. It's really that simple. You can't spot reduce from the "trouble" areas. The body will burn fat from wherever it wants, and you can't control the where.

You already have your motivation, you just need to turn it into action, then maintain the new habits.

Many people fail at this because they don't realize how long it might take and they get discouraged when they do everything right for a couple of weeks and only see minimal (if any) results. If you're looking for a quick fix, you already have a strike against you being able to succeed.

Eat healthy, track your calories, exercise, and do it every day. That's your focus. The results will come on their own, and at their own rate.
  • Mershon88
    Mershon88 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Healthy diet and exercise for sure. I know you cannot "target" trouble areas... but there are some things that can help. Try some strength training, Jillian Michaels 30DS is pretty good, even just something as simple as 100 push ups per day will help. The key thing being you keep a healthy diet and keep active. It will take time.. it will make you miserable.. it will drive you insane.. but it will be soooo worth it!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy, track your calories, exercise, and do it every day. It's really that simple. You can't spot reduce from the "trouble" areas. The body will burn fat from wherever it wants, and you can't control the where.

You already have your motivation, you just need to turn it into action, then maintain the new habits.

Many people fail at this because they don't realize how long it might take and they get discouraged when they do everything right for a couple of weeks and only see minimal (if any) results. If you're looking for a quick fix, you already have a strike against you being able to succeed.

Eat healthy, track your calories, exercise, and do it every day. That's your focus. The results will come on their own, and at their own rate.

All of this.
  • dnhardy
    Options
    I agree with 30DS! It'll really help jumpstart you and tone up your back and shoulders while whittling away at your waist.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, get a trainer. I used a trainer before my wedding and it helped a lot. For me, having someone to be accountable to makes a difference.
  • missbrie11
    missbrie11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    30DS is great! It's brutal to start with, and Jillian is a no-nonsense coach, but you'll definitely see the results. I've also been following her diet and recipe suggestions on top of that, which give you a clear outline of what you should be eating, how much, etc. Very informative and helpful in sticking to the plan.

Congrats on getting married, as well :) Once you start getting into a healthy eating/exercise routine, it'll get easier and easier. Best of luck!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Use your wedding as your motivation. Think about your wedding every meal before you decide what to eat, log your food, and be active.

My wedding is coming up April 20th! I know I won't be where I want to be when I walk down the aisle, but I want the satisfaction of knowing I did everything I could and I will look better than I do right now.
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options

^^^This.

Eat healthy and be honest when you record your food in MFP. Do a good mix of cardio and strength. My personal favorites are running and yoga, but do whatever works best for you.

Feel free to send me a friend request. I'm getting married in October too :smile:
  • CandiSki
    CandiSki Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm getting married in June and also trying to tone my arms, along with everything else. I have learned from another bride who lost a bunch of weight and really toned her arms by using the Tone It Up Beach Babe DVD. There are a bunch of different workouts for your arms, abs, butt, etc on it. I just started using the DVD literally yesterday LOL, but before I was doing kettlebell exercises, which was really helping also. I also do yoga to tone my arms and core every once in a while. And of course, a bunch of cardio. Try to eat very healthy and clean, eat at your BMR at least, don't ever go lower than 1200 calories...

http://toneitup.com/store/productListBySubcategory.php?subcategory=Beach Babe

^^^^^Beach Babe DVD

http://www.amazon.com/Mowrys-Complete-Calm-Series-Stiles/dp/B00AHKLZDY

^^^^^^^^^^^What I use for yoga

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/i-did-it-my-bridal-shed-36lbs-off-pics-tips

^^^^^^^^^^GREAT thread to read about losing weight, also a bunch of other brides have other threads regarding weight loss, motivation, etc.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This has great information on finding out what your BMR is, your body fat percentage, what your goal weight should be, how much you should be eating, etc.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • cwakeford
    cwakeford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lots of great comments here so far...

What I found has started working really well for me is the following:

Aim to net approx 1200 calories per day (for example eat 1400, burn 200 in exercise, net 1200)
    Eat a HEALTHY 1200 calories
    Get a Heart Rate Monitor (for accurate calorie burn measurement)
    Do 30 Day Shred

So far, this has been super effective for me. When I'm done 30 Day Shred, I'm starting the 6 Week Six-Pack program, and if I need more of a challenge after that I will try either P90X or Insanity.

I have found that diet is the most impotant part of it all. I can drop weight and not exercise as long as I am eating well.
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Also. Make sure your photographer knows how to pose you the BEST WAY to slim you a little. I do it for my larger brides and they wonder how I got such beautiful pix.

Stay positive. YOU CAN DO IT