Anyone out there 50ish?

Options
I am 51 but even in my "out-of-shape" state don't feel my age. I refuse to give in! Anyone out there looking for 50something friends??

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Lots of 50 year olds on here! I have found some wonderful friends on here who are supportive and comment on my diary! But these people are serious about their journey and have been very successful in losing weight. I have learned so much from reading their diaries, both food and exercise! Age isn't that important. As long as they are over 30 I feel comfortable talking with them. I do have some younger people and seeing their energy is exciting and I am happy for them, but man, I am so far behind them.

That's ok, I am just going to keep plodding along, learning to up my exercise and logging my food and am losing weight....... slowly. I use the argument that well I won't have to worry bout loose skin issues and I am learning how to deal with why I overeat. What I can do to make better choices, etc. etc.

I been losing on average a lb. a week and I have a lot to lose, but I didn't gain all this weight in a few months so its going to take time to get it off and take time to learn how to keep it off!

Already my clothes fit better, my knees are soooooo much better. And I am training to run a 5k this summer! (yikes)

Just commit to logging your food as honestly as possible. Get a food scale for portion control. After a few months I started adding exercise! Didn't see an increase in weight loss, but I sleep better and I am sure it will help with my gardening this spring! Was able to take a walk outside a few weeks ago and wow, I felt so much better. Last summer trying to walk that far woulda been very difficult. Instead I felt refreshed and good about it.

I know I have a long long ways to go, but all I have to work with is today. Today I will make good choices and move my body.

Its all about you! Just commit for today. Then repeat each morning. Fill out your profile, read the forums and look for people who speak to you and ask them to be your friend and why. You can do this today.

Christine
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and friends with Eileenchristine! I don't make my food diary public, just never did! No particular reason there... Anyway, I'm on daily, log my foods and after a year of committing myself to changing my food intake and fitness--I've lost 57 pounds, 41 of them on MFP. I have eaten too much some days, don't exercise enough most any day, but the support here has made a big difference! I'm almost down to my weight at age 25--WooHoo! So if you'd like to add me, that would be great. I'm also considering starting a blog to help me out this year. Switch things up as it were.