Starting over!

Options
Hey everyone, so I've been off the wagon for a while and I'm ready to re-start my weight loss journey. I'm looking for friends to motivate and encourage me... I promise I'll return the favour! :) I'm also wondering what a good goal weight is. I'm 19, female, and 5'8''. Any thoughts on this??

Replies

• DaddyNunn4
    Options
    I am trying this again 2 years ago I lost 120lbs through diet and exercise but broke my foot and gained 70 of the 120 back. During this time I have started a new job and my wife an I had our fourth child a little girl, I have found that losing the weight a second time is more difficult. I have lost 10lbs since starting over but Still want more I want to get back down to 290 again.
  • DaddyNunn4
    Options
    You can do it I am starting over as well
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my age is unimportant, you little whippersnapper. LOL

The goal weight should be what you were last comfortable at. 130 is too skinny for me, but I'm comfy at 140 or 145, but I'm a realist too in that I'll never be an underwear model, so I believe, for ME, 155 is reasonable.

Everyone is welcome to add me. I'm on daily, but please note my disclaimer on my page. :D
  • Fat2Slim2021
    Fat2Slim2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Always stay focus
  • hg0424
    hg0424 Posts: 18
    Options
    HI I am in the same situation and i started again last month. have you tried calculation your BMI? It tells you how much weight youre supposed to be. In my case it says 140lbs is the ideal weight for me but I want to be in 120s just in case I go crazy with eating again when i reach my goal I have that allowance. feel free to add me :)
  • Caramiia619
    Caramiia619 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Same here... I'm 5'7'' heaviest I was around 225 lowest that i've reached since then 171... And my current 177 -_-
  • MistySom
    Options
    Hi there. I am also starting over and funny enough I am 5'9". I agree with a previous post, you should just find the weight you are comfortable with. Happy losing!
  • MGiardini71884
    MGiardini71884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do that too and I"m sick of starting over!! I"m not being as strict on myself this time because I think I'll stick with it more than before!!! Good luck and we're here for ya!
  • kesslertg
    kesslertg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Starting over too. Started at 217lbs last March. Made it to 195lbs. Now am back to 215lbs. But am in "lock down" mode, lol. Good luck! You have to want to do this ... if you want to do it then nothing will stop you. : )
  • WendyandTink
    Options
    Hi there...I just joined today. I have an 18 year old daughter that I want to hook up on this app. It's nice to see young beautiful women on here with such positive outlooks. As a mom, who has lost alot of weight recently, I think my daughter is taking it hard. I know how if feels to see others lose weight around you. In a nutshell, it sucks sometimes when others succeed and you're still struggling. However, I want her to join this because so far I find it amazingly easy and it keeps the calorie/exercise perspective right there to see and watch. Much better than the old days when we had to write down every swallow on a diet sheet.
    To answer your question re. goal weight.....Keep your fitness and nutrician up and don't worry too much about a final number. There are alot of factors for example, muscle mass etc. Also, you are so lucky Honey because you are so nice and tall. My daughter and I are only 5'4'....so we don't 'carry' the extra weight as well as a taller person would....LOL
    Anyway, lots of well wishes to you...good for you getting back on a program. I have recently put on almost 20 pounds....and so, here I am too....getting serious again.
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back on track! As far as goals, everyone is different. I would just aim for a healthy BMI. I am 5'8" as well... without looking it up, i think the recommended weight is 124-164 (or somewhere around that). I am currently at 153 and am a size 9/10. I feel great, but there is definitely still more to lose and shape up.

Hope that helps!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Great for starting over, I have started many times hoping this will be my last start. I am on multiple times a day, anyone can add me we are all in the same boat and need support