Max weight that can be lost in 30 days

Options
2»

Replies

• fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Been there petal :) I'd start with a mild 3 day detox. This will rid your body of excess water and give you a fresh start. You'll lose weight that you may put on again if you aren't careful coming off the detox, try to limit salt and processed foods for another two days after.

Have room temp water with lemon first thing in those three days (a good habit to keep up)
    eat only raw or lightly steamed fruit and veg.
    Make juices or smoothies that contain at least 70% vegetables

So.... juice or smoothie for breakfast, drink slowly. Snack on fruit. For lunch a large, plain salad - nothing processed, no salt. A little lemon juice and black pepper to dress or fresh herbs, snack on fruit, for dinner BEFORE 7pm a bowl a lightly steamed veg or veg stirfried in water, you can have a tiny carb if you need - one small potato or a little brown rice. No sauces!

The first day you'll feel okay but that evening you may feel unwell (it isn't from hunger as you will be surprised by how many calories you have actually built up), it's from the toxins leaving your body. I do this twice a year for five days and I only felt bad the first time as I had accumulated 24 years of toxins. The second day you will feel better, the third you'll be hungry but feel okay, if you continue, after the third day you start to feel fantastic, buzzing. If you have weekends off, I'd sacrifice one for this, if your body is highly toxic you can feel quite bad.

By detoxing, your body almost deflates as the water retention drops.

After this, I'd do a little work out twice a week (30 mins cardio), and one intense class that lasts an hour, you'll lose inches as well as weight, inches make a bigger difference. And exercise 3 days a week is maintainable for when you come home.

I wish I had a holiday to go on so I could get motivated to follow my advise ;) Have fun and good luck
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    1/2-1 pound a week, possibly, as it doesn't seem as though you are greatly overweight. I wouldn't focus so much on the 30 days, although sometimes it is good to have a goal, but use this time to begin the lifestyle change you already know you need to make. :flowerforyou:
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My Wife did the Cambridge diet, 500 calories, Ketosis, all that Jazz, she lost 1lb a day doing that.

Really the question is what are you happy to loose from your life, what exercise are you happy to add into your life, to get the end result you want.

Saying you should have started earlier, well hindsight is wonderful.

I don't know what will motivate you for a month, other than your holiday, but on my experience it's not enough of an "incentive" You get all excited and happy and the first thing I want then is biscuits and Beer!

I would keep going as hard as you can for a week, then weigh, then if you've done well you may well keep it up for another 2 weeks, or not, get bigger T shirts just in case!

PS I wouldn't personally say the the Cambridge plan is worth following, my wife was cranky as hell for 3 months and then needed her Gall bladder removed, not saying it was related, because no one knows, but hey!

Absolutely best of luck, keep positive and happy, no one want to live with a grumpy bear for 30 days just to have a holiday where you feel a little bit better!

I did one of them, I called it the bad breath diet ;) Didn't suit me, fainted and all that jazz ;) Sure did work a treat for the 4 days I did it - 9lbs! But laying unconscious on the road was a steep price ;) I was too drained to be grumpy ;)
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My Wife did the Cambridge diet, 500 calories, Ketosis, all that Jazz, she lost 1lb a day doing that.

If I chopped off my hand I'd lose a pound, probably more from blood loss and the hospital stay. Makes about as much sense.