Wii System Trouble - need help!

ebh1024
ebh1024 Posts: 186
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello...all you Wii users, I'm having problems with my Wii.

I have the Wii and was exercising this morning and well....my Wii just froze up on me. I had just finished the "just dance" which is totally awesome. Then was using the Biggest Loser DVD and it literally just froze. I have unplugged the Wii, took the batteries out of the remote and even turned the TV off, but it is still froze on my TV. I was hoping that somone out there may have experienced the same thing before and can possibly help me. We have had the Wii about 2 years now, so may have to contact Nintendo directly. I was just in the middle of my exercise....ughhh!!!!

Any help is SO greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Hmm
    the Wii is off but the TV is still showing the picture?
    What if you switch your input, does a tv show come up?

Do you have another TV to try the Wii on?

I ask only because it could be a problem with your TV and not your Wii :S What sort of TV/how old?

My suggestion first would be to unplug everything, wii from BOTH ends and give it 15 minutes.

Try again. If pic is still on TV, try to get TV feed and if that doesnt work, try Wii on another TV.
    If the Wii works on another TV, it is your TV :S
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    We had something like that happen to our wii. We ended up sending our wii into Nintendo directly and it only cost 80.00 with the shipping and our understanding that if they can't fix it they would send you a new one.
  • ebh1024
    ebh1024 Posts: 186
    Thanks for the replies! I did unplug it and plugged it back in and it worked. However, it did get stuck again on the Wii Biggest Loser. It got stuck when I wanted to update my personal profile. So I am thinking that it may be the disk is dirty. I didn't spend anymore time after it got stuck the last time. It is still unplugged, I plan to check it out tomorrow morning.

Oh, by the way, the TV is pretty old, so that most defintely could be an issue too.

Thanks again! If anyone doesn't have the Wii Just Dance...I would recommend it. It really gets you moving and it is fun too!
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    That would be my first guess, a dirty disc. All it takes is one fingerprint.

Doug
This discussion has been closed.