Polar FT60 HRM giving crazy readouts

Options
Hi all,

The past few times I worn my Polar FT60 HRM, it's given strange readouts for my heart rate. My heart rate it typically around 140 while playing racquetball or on the elliptical, but the watch will occasionally jump up to 180 or even over 200, and I KNOW my heart isn't beating that fast (I check my pulse on my neck, and it's where I would expect it to be). It will also occasionally show 00, and likewise, I know that's not true, because...well, because I'm not dead. ;)

I've cleaned the connectors on the strap and have a secure connection between the strap and the transmitter. The HRM is just over a year old, so I wouldn't think it'd already be a battery issue.

Has anyone else had something like this happen? What fixed it? New batteries? Or was it just bad and needed replaced?

Thanks!

Replies

• kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    My polar FT4 did that. Once I replaced the battery in the watch and in the strap, it worked like a champ again. Mine was just over a yea old.. I'm sure the battery life depends on how often you use it and the duration of use.
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try just replacing the battery in the strap transmitter. I'm thinking it couldn't be the watch, because I was on a Polar-ready elliptical today (which displays heart rate info from reading the transmitter), and the readings on there were outta whack, too.

Thanks! :)