Any tips to help shift the last 14lbs and tone?

Options
Hey,

I have currently hit a bit of a wall with my weight loss. Well... I have maintained around my current weight 146lbs for over 6 months. I have now got back into exercise but am wondering if anyone has any tips to shift the last stone. I am not into starving so cutting down my calories anymore really isn't for me. I'm hoping cardio will help shift some lbs and have started spinning again once or twice a week.

As I am nearing my 'target' weight I am starting to tone up. I have made up my own leg, arm and core workouts, I alternate these and do an hr yoga class every week but if anyone knows any 'proper' things that I should be doing please do share?

Also I'd just like to hear how people shifted their last few lbs as this is a slower process than I'd like tbh! :( Feel free to add me as a friend too.

Jen xx

Replies

• calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you so I'm posting to follow. Trying to incorporate more activity into my life and also upped my cals above my BMR (I was eating below before - not good for me) but I've been stuck around 146 for several months and I want to get moving again. I'm hoping once my body gets out of the shock of the increased calories and exercise, things will start moving again.
  • Vaisaxena
    Vaisaxena Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have currently hit a bit of a wall with my weight loss. Well... I have maintained around my current weight 146lbs for over 6 months. I have now got back into exercise but am wondering if anyone has any tips to shift the last stone. I am not into starving so cutting down my calories anymore really isn't for me. I'm hoping cardio will help shift some lbs and have started spinning again once or twice a week.

As I am nearing my 'target' weight I am starting to tone up. I have made up my own leg, arm and core workouts, I alternate these and do an hr yoga class every week but if anyone knows any 'proper' things that I should be doing please do share?

Also I'd just like to hear how people shifted their last few lbs as this is a slower process than I'd like tbh! :( Feel free to add me as a friend too.

Jen xx

1) Intermittent fasting
    2) Exercise like a man - you will not turn into one - "arm, leg, core routines" won't cut it
    3) Cardio can hamper weight loss
    EDIT: 4) Refeed weekly

My two cents.
    Cheers.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    It has taken me since July to lose my last 5 pounds and I still think I could stand to lose another 5 to get rid of that last couple percent of body fat. It's not a rapid process. I'm (almost)37yo, 5'4", and currently 130 pounds and 20.3% body fat.

I'm doing P90X with heavy weights (failure at 8-12 reps), eating 2,000 calories per day on average. At this point you should be focused more on fat loss than weight loss. Lift heavy, get plenty of protein, and eat to feed muscle development.