Gym + Bad Weather

Options
How do you guys motivate yourselves to go to the gym in bad weather?

I want to go to the gym tonight after work (I have to walk there) but I know that it's going to be cold and raining... How do you guys summon the motivation to go when you know it will be cold and miserable...

Replies

• JUICRC
    JUICRC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It always sucks going there but remind yourself that once your done you will feel great, that is your motivation.
  • michilynn
    michilynn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I go now because it's more of a habit than anything else and I feel like crap when I don't... But my main current motivation is my wedding is 6 weeks away and I want to look the best I can by then.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I too, make myself go, telling myself that I will be glad later that I went...and I always am. If I don't get my walks in I feel crumby and don't do as well come weigh day. I enjoy talking with other people at the gym, too, so that helps alot. One older gentleman (in his 80's) comes in and talks to me, sometimes, almost the whole while I'm walking and it makes the time just fly by! He has such cute stories to tell :-) I tell myself that if he can come here and get his exercise in at his age, so can I!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I just don't think about it. It is part of my schedule for the day so I just go & sometimes I think "Wow, earlier I didn't want to come & here I am." If I think about it too much, I will talk myself out of going, so I just think of it as part of my day.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Inclement weather will pass - along with another opportunity for you to get healthy. Think of it this way : Is ditching your workout because of weather going to help you? No. If you're looking for an excuse to skip it, find a better one! You WILL be INSIDE the gym, right? Would the weather stop you from going to the DR's office?

In the future, if you have to walk anywhere, try to be prepared for it! Rain? Umbrella. Snow? Scarf, warm coat, mittens, galoshes. Etc. Love yourself despite the weather!